GO!

Male vs. Female Weimaraner

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 6:10pm PST 
Has anyone had experience with both male & female weimaraners. We currently have an 11 year old male and are wondering about getting a female. The breeder has some concerns about selling us a female. Does anyone have an opinion on female vs. Male? We are experienced dog owners and are willing to put in the time to train,exercise and socialize. Are female Weims that much harder to train?
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 2:06pm PST 
I have a male and female Wein. I had my female first and then got my male. I don't think the female was any harder to train than my female. They are both great dogs. Our concern was that he would assert his "alpha" and he does try but she seems to either handle it by becoming submissive or she takes charge and doesn't put up with it. I guess it depends on her mood! They get along fabulously, they play all the time and sleep together too. So there is no problem having a male and female. Just make sure that they are both spayed and neutered.
[notify]