GO!

What is your Weim like?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Halle Kate

My soldier dad- has to go to- Korea:(

Barked: Wed Oct 15, '08 6:37pm PST 
I am just curious how your Weim spends his or her day?! How much are they inside and outside, exercise, and how is their temperment (sp?), etc? I keep hearing that Weims are very high strung and need to run around like crazy so that they don't tear up your home, and that they are a headache to train. I just need some reassurance that most of that isn't true! So far Halle has been pretty calm and will play and go on walks without too many problems. I just don't know what I'd do if she turns into a high strung headache! lolsnoopy
[notify]
Dar

Lover of June- Bugs

Barked: Mon Oct 20, '08 1:05pm PST 
I am a little hard to train because I take ALOT of patience. But I am a big boy puppy that loves to play so my mommy tries to remember that. I do like alot of exercise only cause I have puppy energy but I am a lover and cuddler and very smart to boot.

My typical day maybe this will help you or not?

wake up at 3:30am get out of crate and go potty outside (I'm still in puppy bladder stage)

3:40 am get in bed with mom (I had to beg her for this privilege)

6:45am wake up again and go outside, eat some food, lay down in moms bed until she gets ready to walk out the door for work

7:45am-12:00 More crate time

12-12:30 stretch my legs for lunch- I usually go outside and run with my sister for a few. or sometimes I bask in the sunshine.

12:30-4:45 Back to my crate and waiting til mom gets home for the night. In my crate mommy always leaves me a kong ball or treat in there for me to work on!

4:45 - 10pm outside to potty , walk and run a couple laps around the neighborhood with mom, eat food, play with toys and harrass my older smaller sister, take a small mid evening nappy on the couch and watch some tv then I get a spurt of energy to play again and by that time its go outside again and then to the crate for night night.

I get into spurts where I just release energy and run around like a wild indian in the evenings. But I know better than to chew on the furniture or to destroy. My mommy tries really hard to exercise me as much as she can that way I am not bored and tempted to do something that she thinks is bad behavior. I do sometimes "dig" her flowers... but I am learning that is not the best thing to do. one of my favorite stress relievers is to squeek my toy buddy. blue dogway to go

Then once a week I go to Puppy obedience to try to keep mymental agility up.

Edited by author Mon Oct 20, '08 1:09pm PST

[notify]
♥Mila- ♥

Pretty girl

Barked: Mon Oct 20, '08 2:17pm PST 
I am going to be 4 years old next month, and I have more energy now then when I was a pup...(too bad for mommy and daddy).
Just when she thought I would slow down a little, Sike!!!

I love to swim (go 2-3 times a week to doggie park that has a lake,or beach where she can swim)
play fetch (everyday)
rollerblade with mommy or daddy( once or twice a week)
and play with my sister bindi wrestling...(everyday)
car rides(pretty much every other day)
walks(everyday).....
[notify]

Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Fri Oct 24, '08 2:54pm PST 
when I got Uno at 6 months he would get extremely anxious and chew up things when I was gone for couple hours, fortunately that only lasted about a month, but he still become very restless if I dont take him for a long walk first thing in the morning, usually its like this
Morning: we go for a 40 min walk, usually followed by a 20-30 min play/wrestle time with neighbors, then he has his breakfast, sleeps, I leave house, come back, we go for a second walk around the neighborhood for about an hour, then another one before bed at 10pm, usually only 15 min. I also jog with him 2-3 times a week instead of a morning walk, or ride a bike, 3-4 miles. And we go to a dog park once a week.
Theres a saying that goes " A tired dog, is a good dog", thats so true about this breed, but he keeps me up and in shape and I enjoy his nutty side.
[notify]
Champion the- Grey Ghost -

Man's BEST- Friend

Barked: Tue Dec 16, '08 3:12pm PST 
Champ can be very stubborn but when it came to learning the basics 'sit' 'stay' 'lay down' 'come' he learned them within hours, it seriously only took about 5 tries and he knew what 'stay' meant. Champ knows all these but doesn't mean he always listens to these commands. Sometimes he'd rather use his intelligence in other ways like trying to get into the room where is bag of dogfood is or into the pantry where all the people food is. Don't be too worried Champ is eager to please and so sweet.. he didnt turn into a highstrung headache! You pup will just need- love, attention, and exercise! blue doghappy dance

Edited by author Tue Dec 16, '08 3:14pm PST

[notify]
Zelda

scuse me, I- needa dig a hole

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '09 7:26am PST 
Zelda is 6 months old and she is so much calmer than we expected. She plays with the other dogs but not so much that it bothers us or them. She loves to sleep on the couch while we watch tv. She sleeps in a crate at night but is left out while we're away. She knows a few ricks but gets easily distracted by the other dogs. Mostly she's just a big ole love bug.
[notify]