GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1885 of 1885: Viewing entries 18841 to 18848)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1876  1877  1878  1879  1880  1881  1882  1883  1884  1885  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 6:59am PST 
Morning All......

Beautiful Eclipse last night.. but the air wasnt clear enough for photos.. the storm that came through left too much vapour.. but it was nice to watch anyway.

Groceries moved to today... need to mow tomorrow or maybe vining. We have storms due Thursday which was supposed to be a vine day. We shall see.

Ice on the birdbaths this morning and frost.The wind has FINALLY dropped though.

Hugssssss for all.........
[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 8:55am PST 
Mornin'all,

FlickaMom, we have had winds for a week now and I'm ready for it to stop. The temps dropped quickly yesterday and went from AC to heater! We did get a nice rain which we needed. Today is beautiful, chilly & again very windy. Wow, you had ice on the birdbath! That reminds me that Jim needs to clean ours out. That would be a good idea for Hanna & Sam to do obedience together. The neighbor works during the day and sometimes on weekends. She had mentioned she had classes set up at PetCo (I think it was) but don't know what time. It depends on when she could go because I don't get out in the evenings and would have to do them during the day.

SargeMom, hope all is well there.

Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 9:05am PST 
Hi all, Hanna, glad you are feeling better and mom got her sleep! We never took Rocky to training classes, he was such a mild dog and really was off leash at the UB and woods within a year or so, wanted to be with you and would run and play but right back. So different as with people, personalities. Abby went 2 times, and it did help her and we loved the classes and instructor. Your Olive Garden sounds yummy - never tried that but will look at it next time we go there.

Flickamom, the vet tech said the same yesterday after Sarge had HW bloodwork - that the treatment for it is arsenic and terrible. Plus with all the rain and snow we have had, there are tons of those things around already. So I will do it for the 6 months as we normally do. Your vine cutting sounds fun!

Going to eat in a minute but I didn't get to write this morning, it's been busy with phone calls and my sil is bringing her mom to Easter dinner here, as she did for Turkey Day. I'll call and invite her too. We went to SteinMart and to Dicks. I got a light weight jacket for the running. Last night was first night and a deluge but everyone still went - only 2 miles, so didn't take long. Lots met up for pizza after, I came home.

His mother is filled with lonelimess I think and doesn't want to give in to move with her daughter or us. Not saying she doesn't hurt, but has been to all sorts of doctors, prescriptions, and now to GYM. The week we were all busy with the antiques, not a pain in the world, so that's my feeling on it. When Ann goes to TX she will be here for a week or so - we'll see more then. No one likes to be alone, but giving up their home and independence, I know is not easy.

Lots of flowers blooming now - looks pretty! We have snow now - crazy weather. Didn't see the eclipse last night, just a full moon.
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 4:22pm PST 
Will be vining tomorrow at the vineyard.. MAYBE Thursday(depends on the weather.. right now rain forecast) but then vining Friday and maybe Saturday if I am still functioning. Need to mow sometime in all that

HannaMum... I think Petsmart do classes at different times...it would be fun for all maybe...

Looks as if we get the winds back tomorrow and rain and storms on Thursday. Need the rain !

AbbySargeMum.. the pruning is standing hour after hour pruning vines with secateurs .. row after row after row. The rows I am on at the moment are 1000 feet long.. and there are 30 in total.. and the top rows.. another 70 rows.. have been done. It is monotonous.... and hard on the bones.. but has to be done to get the grapes !

SO glad you are having the heartworm meds for the dogs. It just isnt worth the risk.

You are probably spot on about Tom's Mum. I know I wont give up my home wif the time comes.. but its hard to know what to do sometimes.

Not planning anything for Easter here. we shall see.

The eclipse didnt start till just after 1am this morn.. and lasted nearly 4 hours...

Glad you got a jacket...
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 7:13am PST 
Morning All......

Trying to get stuff done before being out all day. !!

Got high wind gusts.. sick of that.. had one quiet day without a howling gale yesterday

Never enough time... !!!!

Hope all is well..... hugssssssssssss fr all...........

Edited by author Wed Apr 16, '14 7:22am PST

[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 8:07am PST 
Mornin'all,

Happy Birthday, Darbi! partypartypartypartypartyparty I saw it on FB! Do you have anything special planned? Annie had heartworms when we adopted her and she had to go through the treatment. It was very expensive but she was comfortable during it. Just had to keep her quiet several weeks and she was a couch potato so that wasn't hard. We need HW meds all year round here. Sorry to hear Tom's mom is so lonely. I wouldn't want to leave my house, either, unless it was absolutely necessary. I would go with home care if I could. They have what is called Visiting Angels here that come to the house and help out but also sit and visit, too.

FlickaMom, take it easy pruning those vines. That sounds very hard on the body and I'm sure the wind doesn't help. Makes me hurt just thinking about it. Maybe you will get a complimentary glass of wine for all your work! big grin

Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 9:15am PST 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARBI !

balloonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoonsballoons

hughughughughughughughughughug

snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy

Wishing you the happiest of days !

Change of plan.. have 45mph winds out there.. he has called the vines off for today.Tomorrow is iffy with winds and rain forecast.. we will see.. looks as if it will be Friday/Saturday/Sunday ! Going to mow here now though.. wind or no wind.. it has to be done

HannaMum.. I am sick of hurting... years and years of it.. but there isnt a choice. You roll over or you just make a life....I would love to curl up and do nothing but it would have killed me years ago if I had... so....off to mow !!!
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 9:32am PST 
flowerskissingbig hug Thank you all for my wishes big hugflowerskissinghamster dance We are going to an old time Buffalo Spaghetti House - Chef's, sons are taking us and then to the Comedy Club downtown. So it will be nice to eat out there, been years. They were wonderful to all during the Blizzard, took them in and feed everyone who came and spent the night (Chef's)

I didn't realize Annie had Heartworm and imagein that was scary, but glad that she didn't have problems with the treatment. I am staying on the 6 month regime as it gets cold here by October usually. The way it is, could be cold all the next six months big laughbig laugh!

Weather really plays a part in all we do, and sorry that you aren't cutting the vines today, but maybe you need a rest. Been a busy month for you with visitors, even when enjoyable, and change of routine.

Tom's mother in hospital - not surprising. He went this morning Ann called at 7:30. We were going to have breakfast and just were talking about it. I said I would rather eat fish fry on Friday after my endocrinologist appt. than breakfast today - and the phone rang.

Thanks again for being there for all of us - and we are lucky to have each other hug

Edited by author Wed Apr 16, '14 9:32am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1885 of 1885: Viewing entries 18841 to 18848)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1876  1877  1878  1879  1880  1881  1882  1883  1884  1885