GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1633 of 1885: Viewing entries 16321 to 16330)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1628  1629  1630  1631  1632  1633  1634  1635  1636  1637  1638  [Last 10 entry]  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 1:33pm PST 
BurtMum... I use a wonderful wheat pillow I have had for many years and a long one that wraps around ...that is filled with Flax and Lavender. They are my best friends !!!! When the pain pills dont work.. which is often.. the heat from them is SUCH a comfort...

I think you have good reason to feel upset.. but dont hold to it. It was a total lack of sensitivity on the Shelter's part to hit you with that now. I know they have to do what they do.. and I know I couldnt.. but they KNOW you.. and that was just plain hurtful.

Take a breather .. what willl be will be... and you need to heal for yourselves . When you are ready... be that tomorrow/next week/month/year ... then decide but on YOUR terms.. because bottom line is... that is the BEST for all....
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 3:00pm PST 
a quick note, just in from Paw Park, lots of dogs there with all the snow - having fun running. Tom will be going over to help Tom finishing his basement and doing electrical work, I'll walk Abby in the morning - love it in the winter and the decorations. We did have alot of snow, Anniemom, and this used to be the old Buffalo winters but have changed. It is nice not to have ice and cold winds like usual. Tom spent the day at his mother's - his sister is OOT to see her daughter 3 weeks in TX. and brother Fran is out of commission to help, so he went over and spent more time.

Scooter sorry you have had illness in your house, we found the one nephew was sick the next day after Christmas and hoped no-one got it.

Dixiemom, I know, it seems like you might be feeling a bit 'pressured', not sure if that is the word to use, but they know what a kind heart you and Lar have. It is hard, Dixie will send you a message when the time is right. You have AZ trip to look forward to and only a bit over a month away, really.

Going to early dinner on NY Eve and then home. Tom wanted to try this place forever, very small and not expensive but we liked the food at Taste of Williamsville in 2011 and they got the top prize for main course there. Guess we are old duffs, early bird dinner on NY Eve! big laughway to go

Is the computer on the fritz with S&S - and hoping to hear from them soon. Thoughts of sweet DarlaMae and family and hope the storm did no damage to them, it was heading east.

Maiyah, you are too dear -

wishing all many blessings, we all need to have comfort and support for each other, this has been a very hard year for our group. hughughughughughughughughug

Edited by author Fri Dec 28, '12 3:05pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 4:13pm PST 
AbbySargeMum.... glad you were able to go to the Paw Park.

I remember you enjoyed the Taste of W things last year and it will be nice to go and try the place you mentioned.

I believe the computer is fine for S&S but she did post they were both down with a respitory yuck though. I did try to call but no answer. That isnt that unusual though. Hoping they are resting up in the warm.
[notify]

♥- DarlaMae - ♥

I Am- Iron Nose- !

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 7:48pm PST 
hughug:|Buhenshug:|hug Boo to all the sad tidings but extra tons of hugs and love for all.you are each a true blessing to us,thank YOU ALL!flowers

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all!kissing Stressful and pooped to say least. we are all still breathing so that is good right?winkJk but yes we are all still here which is good despite our many losses here in our Buhens family support beyond compare.big hug Seems all have tons of sheep going on. As ever all our love. Apparently my Christmas day post is like life lately just not sticking together well.confused Extra hugs for all. NAnny visiting 2 days so quick post for me,bol. Weather stinks m ore ont the way whooppe not. Be SAFE!!

As Flicka posted, We too saying that Christmas is SEASON,always has been for us,not just One day. The Christmas "Quiet mass" for grieveing sick or hurting folks I went to was nice and glad I went and was said there as wellsmile Pre Christmas is Advent or to many Shoppping madness.frown As said Christmas/Yuletide is until Candlemas(feb 2 which is also Grampa Ds Deaprted Dads Bd/groundhog day too. We too keep decorations up at least until Little Christmas(Three Kings/Epiphany) Jan 6th. Lomger this yr as not pushing anything & DaddyO pushed too far doing what he did. We do appreciate the color,we need it & heck we;ll see how it goes. depite the blahs we did it for B as he loved it and got his own Light tree,daddyO special, on his BR wall.little angel BEST Christmas gift we saw S and her family she is despeertatly depressed and we missed her so much. meditate: Lots here down with the flu ohter bugs,cross paws we do not get as 3 plus we were with over Christmas have come down with it and neither of us up to that.confused

ETA::
dogOOPPS got adfternoon .....GOOD news from Dr. I have followup 6 weeks Cardio NO BLOCKAGES!!! I DO have Arrythmias/ohter beat issues/ to be monitored. Hhowever he does NOT want to pile meds on which I say thank dog!Life has been hell I now can say for weeks and so much going on truly one thing after the other and B just sstarting iot hit me. My eldest brothers scre and stents slapped some sense into upping my appts. I will have followup blloddwork office visit within 6 weeks. I had BAD pains,which lessesne and never left but worse with ANY stress. Combo of our horrendous loss, my nrhealth issues,home remodeling Super storms and the Non stop adrenaline surge te origin now just winding down so body said boo!.

I really pushed my envelope as I Had to keep things going and ran out of line. I waited too long and went on the "better" of things not smart of me but I am VERY LUCKY.silenced Do NOT play around folks and keep working on taking care of yourselves please. Ipromised I will call for anything and never put off. Stress is BAD and we all have far too much even with de stressing methods can overwhelm us . I LOVe the Cardio group there Front end and back big anf small so NICe big Plus.way to go I and DaddyO are VERY Tireed and I am still heavy winded even with meds . I will try to get some rest as days wind down and continue to work thtough grief/stressors. Deep sheep.

Love you all so much! Stay STRONG CArry on and TAKE CARE of YOU!!!!!!!!
As I was told recently by a Sage counselor, here is a sentence we can say to OURselves for people/things that hurt us even those done/said even unmeaningly. kitty "Thanks for caring(doing)..."Sheep" you for sharing!puppy
For whatever the "BAD: thing , said silently or loudly when alone out of earshot of said stressors whatever they may be!puppy

Sending LOVE and PAw for all. Night off for some needed sleep I pray.kissing
Pop in more I really need it an have to get schedule.
hugSleep Tight Gang.... HANG In there!!!hug

Heavy duty IronNose pokes to all who need things/folks put inlinedancingbig laugh

OH Dang fireworks going off NIGht after last storm wed night and no sleep for us few days. Poor Darla does not need these idiots. More to come Next week for New yrs. We too quiet night home and Honeymooners on TV is kawyas good for us insomniac night owls. DO ENJOY the lovely dinner out!!dog

kitty

Edited by author Fri Dec 28, '12 7:57pm PST

[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 2:48am PST 
Dear DarlaMae, what a wonderful posting and can benefit from your words and the phrase from your counselor. So many are well meaning, but doesn't always come out as it should. In a fragile state, things are so emotional. Some cannot talk to those in grief, but in my thoughts, the need for those to care and to show that care and love are important and essential. When my dad passed suddenly at 56, one of the people I worked for said "I don't know what to say but I am sorry". It was not a long sentence, but it was something that I still remember as I had only started working there and didn't know the Partners well. So good to be surrounded with good comfort and support. This learned in therapy during a time of deep distress. I tend to isolate and at times, it was what I needed to do, for a while. Then I went to Hospice grief group for 13 months and found it to be an outlet that was safe. This too, is why I still go to Empty Leash, it is for all loss, and also to share and hopefully help another there. Had our Christmas gathering last week and a woman whose dog passed the weekend before said at the end of the evening, how being there had helped her. And she would come back. We are sending alot of love to Stacy. So cheering to have the tree and lights and decorations and Brendan's tree in his room. It is alot of effort to put all around.
One thing I learned in the therapy, is there are no right or wrong feelings. A small little sentence but it makes sense and have remembered for over 17 years now.
Glad that your sweet Nanny is there. Wonderful news of the cardio testing and no blockage. You are in a cardio class, good for body and soul, releasing endodorphines. Have to get back to the gym for that reason. Do you read at all, DarlaMae, I found some very good and helpful books. Knowing I was not alone, was very important, that I am not adrift. Sorry to use "I" continually just trying to relate to past experience and the help found in certain things that were of benefit, to me. Had a list of books that I was given in group and went to the bookstore and bought several of them. Then when Rob was in the Marine induction process, I met another woman there whose son was going as well. We started talking and I took the books to her house. Holding tightly to each other, we are not alone and we have those who care in our lives. You have been in our thoughts so much, sweet girl, and it is a blessing to have your message to read this morning. Love you so so very much. hugbig hugflowersbig hug

Edited by author Sat Dec 29, '12 2:59am PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 7:41am PST 
Morning All....

DarlaMaeMum............ BIGGEST HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. So glad you have got this heart thing finally sorted too. That Doctor is a keeper...

I agree totally with AbbySargeMum (dont faint at that AbbySarge Mum !!) but the simplest words.. the lightest of touches.... is what hold you together when all else is falling apart. Its hard... many of us dont have others around.. and just a reaching out means so much.

In Marlborough in England there are many very old buildings. In the gables of two of them there are sentences carved. When I got to go back Home in 2011 I finally got to photograph them having known them many years. The one that always has stuck with me is

"A word, fitly spoken, is like apples of gold in pictures of silver".

I know it isnt very clear to see.. but this was the gab;e

A word fitly spoken.....

Thought you might like these too

It snowed yesterday.. Cardinal female

It snowed yesterday.. Northern Flicker

With LOVE and HUGSSSSSSSSS to all........... back later....

Edited by author Sat Dec 29, '12 7:50am PST

[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 8:03am PST 
Mornin' all,

FlickaMom, I thought I told you not to fall anymore! OUCH! Attending the memorial for our friend was a good thing. It was at his daughter's house and got to see the whole family. Jim & I took some stuffed animals for his grandkids. This is what we needed, some closure to the fact that he is gone physically, but will be in our hearts forever. Your pics are magnificent!

BurtMom, don't let that call from the shelter get to you. It's what they do, although could have been more sensitive to your feelings. Do what you think is best for you. I'm going to look into getting that wrap that's U shaped. I have a long roll type but the U shaped sounds better.

SargeMom, we will be going out to eat New Year's Eve, too, and spending the evening at home. Leaving the partying up to the young ones! Glad Tom got to spend some time with his mom.

DarlaMaeMom, how wonderful to hear from you....such a treat! So relieved to hear you had no blockages. The pains you're having could be the same thing I have. I was in the hospital recently with chest pains. They did all the tests and heart showed no problem. (I do have a stent from last year) The cardio suggested I have an upper GI test done and they found I have Esophageal Dysmotility. That is what was causing my pain and it feels just like a heart problem. AND, of course, stress plays a big part. Boo for those fireworks! With all you've been through, just put one foot in front of the other and you will make it through...day by day! You are always in our thoughts, as is Brendan.

S&SMom, hope all is OK there.

Gotta run, having my hair done today. What a treat!

Smooches for all kissing

Edited by author Sat Dec 29, '12 8:05am PST

[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 2:56pm PST 
A note that is a beautiful Abbey and I can make out the saying. A shame they need to move those boards from the lovely window - and I think so many older building become as it is, a sort of catch all as times and money are dear to put things as they should be.

I saw the Thomas Kinkaide movie, think I mentioned here - and the cottages he paints are all lited. His mentor had lived in darkness and illness, for his beloved most all his adult life. Thomas as a young man, came to him and urged just one more picture, and brought a candle and lighted it and left at his house. Instead of trying to paint the woman in his grief, the mentor painted the leaves and the golden light shining through them, as he saw in Paris many years before and had told Thomas how beautiful it was. After the picture was finished he gave it to Thomas, the mentor died, and Thomas then always painted with light in his pictures. I loved that movie, was on the Hallmark channel.

Anniemom, that was so dear of you to take the stuffed animals to the children, something to cuddle and hold close. Bless them all, a tragedy and so senseless.

Hoping that S&S are not down and ill - they are grieving I know for Socks. Much sadness and a year best gone by.

Tom spent all day at Tommy's with the electrical stuff, I took Abby on 2 very long walks, hopefully some of the Christmas cookies are coming off with trudging in the snow - where some don't shovel the walks. It is heavy and deep and still snowing a little today. Tomorrow more of the same, I'll take her to Lab Club, now at Paw Park as the lake is freezing over and not safe there.

Love the beautiful precious bird pictures, they are wonderful.

Hugs to all and such a warm and good feeling all day hearing from DarlaMae, bless them they deserve a good night of sleep. hug

Edited by author Sat Dec 29, '12 2:57pm PST

[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 5:43pm PST 
It is snowing yet again.
Dad told Mom something that I think is nice about me. He said that since Jenna was older, I being a little devil had other things to offer. I am of course crazier an do "cute things and my pawrents think its cute...Love to run and jump almost like a deer (says Dad) into the fluffy stuff.
Had a bit of yo-gurt ???taste pretty good.
I would like to wish all of you to have a Happy New Year, a bit early but, better than my usual late.Please be well, let the Big Boss heal those in need. Tha is my wish furr all,
Maiyahkissingflowersdog walk
[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 5:47pm PST 
like most streets in Montreal, now
[notify]
  (Page 1633 of 1885: Viewing entries 16321 to 16330)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1628  1629  1630  1631  1632  1633  1634  1635  1636  1637  1638  [Last 10 entry]