GO!

Help - nothing in my house is safe

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Grissom

What does walk- mean? I only- know run

Barked: Fri Feb 27, '09 3:44am PST 
We recently got a walker coonhound mix from a save a stray shelter. He is very smart but anything within his reach he tears apart. He has tons of toys but also like human toys. He is constatantly jump on counter taking things off. Any idea how to stop this beahavior.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Mike and Laureen
[notify]
Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 2:44pm PST 
I know this was posted a few years ago, but I was wondering if you ever got any good advice? I have the same problem with my dog. She's a little over a year old and is a Treeing Walker/Beagle mix (also a rescue). She loves to chew, and not just her own toys. At one point I had to run upstairs to get something and left her alone for a few mins. When I came back down, she'd taken a throw pillow off the couch, ripped it open and took all the stuffing out! I scold her and she knows she did wrong - she hangs her head and looks really guilty. Strangely enough, she doesn't seem to get destructive when she's home alone, only when someone's here with her but not on the same level of the house with her. Any tips to curb this destructive chewing?
[notify]