GO!

What Might I be? Poodle or Mix?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Fri Jul 17, '09 7:01pm PST 
Hi,
We adopted Jasper 3 months ago and have no idea what he might be (toy poodle, mini poodle, poodle mix)- he is 6 months old and weighs about 9 pounds. We gave him a super summer cut 5 days ago. He has some apricot in his coat and somewhat of a topnot (when his coat is longer). His tail is undocked, long legs, and kind of has the silhouette of an Italian Grayhound (back in kind of arched). We get lots of questions about his breed and tell everyone he is an "oodle" of some sort. Any ideas? I have posted some new pics of Jasper in his profile. Any guesses would be appreciated! Thanks! snoopy
[notify]
Pheobie

Barked: Sat Aug 15, '09 1:04pm PST 
He looks Poodle mix to me. I can't put my finger on what he might be mixed with though.
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Tue Nov 3, '09 10:19pm PST 
He looks a LOT like our Bella. We were told Maltese X Bichon but she looks more oodle-y. Maybe they're both part Bichon?
[notify]

Paris

J&D's not your- steppin' stone

Barked: Thu Feb 25, '10 7:53am PST 
He looks like a miniature poodle to me.

When mixed with other breeds the poodle tends to visually stand out, which is why poodle mixes have become popular recently.

Like others said he may have bichon in there, or just be a "Poor quality" miniature poodle. Poor quality meaning not to show standards, not anything bad towards your dog in particular.
[notify]