GO!

Thinking about breeding my teacup male?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Topic closed to new posts.
Kiona CGC

The Prettiest- Princess

Barked: Wed Mar 17, '10 10:42am PST 
Hi pups. I know this thread is old but please remember that the dogster forums are not the appropriate place to solicit breeding requests.

Questions about how one can responsibly breed are welcome, however.
Oliver

The Cuteness

Barked: Sun Jan 18, '09 3:18am PST 
Responsible breeders do not use the term "teacup". I think breeding him is a terrible idea, as you are obviously unfamiliar with the breed standard and would be doing the breed a disservice.
[notify]
Chi

Chi-Chi-Chirilla

Barked: Tue Jun 30, '09 8:17pm PST 
Theodore is really cute, but I have to say some people don't believe in the idea of just breeding a dog, unless your serious about breeding. When I say that I mean unless your planning on breeding him more than once I've been told that it changes them behavior wise. After all its like letting someone try ____ and say well thats it for you no more _____ ever again...then you might have to deal with him humping things. I'm not an expert on these things, but I've heard from several people that their boys were never the same after, we get alot of requests for Chi or a litter from her, and we bought her to be a pet. Besides we use to have a female newfoundland she was never the same after she lost her litter. For me personally if I were to pick a dog from a breeder I would want to see both its parents at least.

Though Theodore is a very cute and desirable by looks, and I'm sure he is twice that in personality. Though considering the economic trend we have right now, tons of people have unsecure future and thats what the puppies are going to face because you owning the stud probably have to work out the puppy agreements ahead of time. I volunteer at shelters and rescues so I do see some really cute dogs and its not uncommon for me to see what looks like a well breed dog in a cage, lonely and stressed out by all the noise. I know everyone has their reasons to buy or adopt, I'm not trying to push either one. But just thought about the whole real estate issue are less issue for toy size but not all rentals accept pets.
[notify]

Paris

J&D's not your- steppin' stone

Barked: Thu Feb 25, '10 8:11am PST 
At that size you would need to breed him to a larger female preferably around 7 lbs, and even then he is way tiny to be a true toy poodle.

Poodles under 5-6 lbs should never be bred because it is really in the disintrest of their health. Small size comes with big health risks.

If you really want to breed, and are serious, you should think about getting two unrelated AKC true toy poodles. They should be between 7-10 inches tall and 5-9 lbs.
Speak with a reputable breeder about your interest and they can match you with a puppy who is of good breeding quality, but it will come with a very hefty pricetag too. Expect between 1500-2500 for an open registered puppy.
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Wed Mar 17, '10 10:46am PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

Dogster HQ

Barked: Wed Mar 17, '10 10:43am PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ