GO!

Thinking about Toy Poodle

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Barked: Thu May 29, '08 10:21am PST 
Hello! I just posted in the "Choosing the right dog" forum, but I'll post here, too. My husband and I are interested in either a Toy Poodle or Chihuahua to join our family. We are interested in a loving, affectionate, friendly dog who would enjoy spending a lot of time with us. We don't have any children or dogs, so fragility is not an issue. Can any owners weigh in on how they like the breed and if you think this breed may meet our needs? Thank you!
Ashley
[notify]
Tallulah

I pretty much- will rule the- universe.

Barked: Thu Jun 5, '08 6:04pm PST 
I probably replied in your other thread- but I just got my first toy poodle ( I grew up with a mini who lived 19 years- spanning my life from infancy to college) and we are delighted with her.

She is lovely and calm. She loves children and the elderly, men and women. She loves everyone in my family about equally. The first dog I have ever had that actually chose to stay in the bedroom with my husband for 20 minutes away from me.

She is playful and fun, and has that poodle prance when we go for walks. She only barks when playing so far and hasnt been yappy.
[notify]
Baby

Barked: Thu Jul 24, '08 9:23pm PST 
I have a poodle mix, and so far she is a riot. Poodles are soooo smart and have tons of energy. As a disclamer I think their is some Maltise influance.
[notify]

Frankie

Notorious D.O.G

Barked: Mon Aug 25, '08 1:46pm PST 
I have had my toy poodle for more than 3 years now and I'm very happy with the choice. I wasnt all that into a poodle at first because I thought any very small dog would be overly hyper and bark and run around alot but it was the complete opposite. Frankie is very quiet, calm and loves to cuddle. Poodles are also very smart and easy to train. Toys are a little tougher to housebreak in general than larger dogs but toy poodles are typically quicker to catch on than other toys like Yorkshire Terriers or Chihuahuas. They are non-shedding too, which is also a plus.
[notify]
Cha Cha

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 8:17am PST 
Hi Ashley,
you already know what I'm gonna say to that!!cheer
Toy Poodle, Toy Poodle, Toy Poodle!!snoopy
[notify]
Jet

I sure do love- walks &- treats!!! :D :D

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 5:41pm PST 
Hiya, Ashley!

Chihuhuas usually do not like spending that much time with people. They like a little time with you, but they need their own space. Toy Poodles, however are GREAT dogs that want to always be with you. Jet has given me all the love in the world, and I love him back. Toy Poodles with take as much exercise as you give them, but don't overdo it. Hope this helps!

-Jet BOL! big laugh
[notify]
Rusty and- Pudgy

born to please- my people

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 9:27am PST 
Hello thinking of a toy poodle!1 I have always had toy poodles and I enjoy them very much. I currently have 2 toy poodles, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. If you want a dog that is very loyal, likes to sit on your lap and cuddle this is the dog you want! 1 They also are very "spunky" and like to play and go for walks and mine even like to swim. smile Toy poodles are very smart and can learn to do many tricks. Check out my boys, Rusty and Pudgy. They are very sweet dogs and they love their people and will do anything to please you.puppy
[notify]
dakota

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '09 7:36pm PST 
I'm new to this, I"m looking for a tiny toy poodle , I had one and she passed away . Can someone help me find another one Please. thanks
Bonnie : huminbird126@yahoo.com
[notify]
Rusty and- Pudgy

born to please- my people

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '09 1:30pm PST 
We were just wondering if you ever decided on a dog?? snoopyblue dog
[notify]
Cleo

Cleo

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '09 3:36pm PST 
I have 2 toy poodles and a poodle/chihuahua mix. All three of them are great dogs. All three of them are social, friendly and affectionate. I have never owned a chihuahua so I can't say much about them, but my poodle/chihuahua mix is much feistier than my toy poodles are.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2