GO!

Back from a long hiatus... what's with the spambots?!?!

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
May

May: A mutt with- a big heart

Barked: Wed Oct 23, '13 7:28am PST 
I'm not new but have just started to come back to the forums... and have a question.
What is with the spambots?!?! They were no where NEAR this bad before. Can't Dogster HQ do something about them? frown
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Oct 23, '13 1:21pm PST 
There are alot of threads explaining this.

In short.. they are doing all they can.

Please use the Notify button each time you see one.. 3 strikes gets it removed..

hug
[notify]
Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Wed Oct 23, '13 2:18pm PST 
I deleted more than 175 this week. I am still waiting for some support from the tech team.
red faceshrugred face

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Oct 23, '13 3:03pm PST 
Beasley hughug

We appreciate all your hard work flowers
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Oct 23, '13 5:00pm PST 
Lori

flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers

And I am Notifying and Bumping !!!
[notify]
Bellatrix

All toys belong- to me

Barked: Thu Oct 24, '13 5:42pm PST 
Why does it take 3 strikes to remove a spam bot? Couldn't it be set up to be removed with 1 strike? If anyone abuses the spambot removal button they could loose their spambot removal button privileges.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Oct 24, '13 10:08pm PST 
wave

Bellatrix....its not so simple... and that would also make it open to spite... ok.. not much of that on this site.. but it happens. Three reports.. from 3 separate accounts is a pretty standard measure on most sites...it flags a post.

Using one zap... I could for instance wipe out the entire forums posting in a very short time if i were a malicious soul ! It must have some order and standard.. and be moderator driven.

Also... its more than just the post that has to be viewed and sorted.. the account does too... then removed by a human

Then add to the fact that spambots by malicious nature of the coding can get around alot of security.

What looks simple.. isnt...

Edited by author Thu Oct 24, '13 10:12pm PST

[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 9:28am PST 
I am challenging everybody to see how many spambots you can notify on. I had a head start, you'all need to jump in the race.

The only good spambot is a dead spambot, or at least a spambot getting a bath.naughty
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 2:29pm PST 
applause Fritz! I get on early ( as you probably know smile ) and I start notifying!hi5
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 2:45pm PST 
Fritz... I have been doing daily for MONTHS....

so... that several hundreds.............

I also bump threads daily to get them above the bots....

Edited by author Fri Nov 1, '13 2:46pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4