GO!

Why is special-ist a "bad word" on Dogster?

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 12:07pm PST 
I wrote a long post about a special ist vet I went to and then I lost the whole thing, because Dogster gave me a message that "There is a problem with your request. Certain words are unacceptable on Dogster. Please review your posting to make sure that there are no words that aren't rated 'G'."
I was on an iPad so I couldn't hit the back button to get my post back, so I lost everything I'd written.

Can someone tell me why the word special-ist (without a hyphen or space) is not allowed on Dogster? That seems pretty strange especially since veterinary specia lists are pretty common!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 1:48pm PST 
Apparently because contained in the word is a drug used for *ahem* male problemsshh
[notify]
Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 4:48pm PST 
Bunny!

big laughbig laughbig laugh
red face

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 5:40pm PST 
big grin

Several word have c i a l i s in the middle of them and they all burp...

The trick is to repost your post bit but bit and you will find the burp bit.. then just look at those few words !!
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 10:04pm PST 
I figured out that was the word but the problem is I had to retype my whole post again because I was on an ipad and it doesn't save the text when you go back to the previous page you were on... So I had to type the whole long thing again. I had another time at least once where I just couldn't figure out what the problem was and I just ended up giving up and not writing a post at all.
[notify]
Vesuvius- Lucy

I'm the only- girl therefore- the Princess

Barked: Mon Feb 24, '14 5:15pm PST 
It's like you can't type wrist watch like it's supposed to be typed. It has a bad word in it.
[notify]