GO!

Problems Uploading photos

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bonnie

Bonnie-boo!

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 11:23am PST 
(Bonnie's mom) I am trying to make pages for our 2 other furkids, Romeo and Remi. But EVERY time I go to upload a picture, it says that the file is wrong or something to that effect. The pictures are .JPG so.... I just don't know! Anyone know how I can fix this?
[notify]
Bowser

playplayplay

Barked: Sat Aug 13, '11 4:20pm PST 
I'm having the same problem.
[notify]
Freya

Mrs. Freyabags

Barked: Sat Aug 13, '11 6:34pm PST 
I am having the exact same problem finally managed to get at least a page up for my one pooch Freya but have another two to go.. apparently its something to do with updates? -.-
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Aug 13, '11 7:44pm PST 
Please hang in there..

It is a problem caused by the site server Upgrade...

Everyone just about is experiencing that.. and other problems.

Just hang on in there.... HQ are slogging to sort out alot of glitched..... it may help you to read the threads in the Upgrade support group started by HQ

Dogster and Catster Server Upgrade HQ Support Group
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Aug 13, '11 10:38pm PST 
I was having that issue since the update but the bf found something that worked for me. I made a copy of the picture, opened it in Paint, reduced the picture size by 50%, saved it, then uploaded it. They look exactly the same when uploaded to Dogster despite being half as large. I'm thinking the new server doesn't allow pictures as large as the old one did.

For those who don't know how to resize pictures, go to the image tab in the Paint program, hit Resize/Skew (Control W will do the same thing), then in resize change the horizontal and vertical from 100% to 50% each. Then save your picture and try uploading it. I'm sure there are other programs for resizing pictures but that's the one I'm most familiar with.

I don't know if resizing will work for everyone but it worked for me.

Edited by author Sat Aug 13, '11 10:51pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sun Aug 14, '11 8:51am PST 
It should not be necessary to resize...

This is as I said above .. almost certainly one of the many glitches left from the Upgrade....

Just hang in there.. dont try to move/add stuff as you know there are still problems... waiting it out seems the best thing....

HQ know there are PhotoManager problems...
and also those who havent already.. go read and report the probs here...

Dogster and Catster Server Upgrade HQ Support Group

Edited by author Sun Aug 14, '11 8:51am PST

[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Aug 14, '11 10:46am PST 
Well regardless of whether it should be necessary, I was only able to upload smaller images so resizing my large images made sense. I'm not sure how it hurts anything to make the pictures smaller. Lots of servers have photo size limits.

Was only trying to help. My bad shrug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sun Aug 14, '11 12:24pm PST 
You are GOOD Onyx...

and thanks for posting that... that may well help... but generally the site resizes pic to make them acceptable.... that why i said resizing shouldnt be necessary....

I wasnt poking at you..... sorry it you thought that.

This Upgrade has messed so many things up... and they are working through... guess we all just have to stick with it

hug
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Aug 14, '11 12:26pm PST 
Ah I didn't realize the site used to/is supposed to resize on it's own. That makes more sense. I can see how that would be a bug.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sun Aug 14, '11 12:31pm PST 
hughughugsmile

Photo Razor FREE Photo Resizer

Its brilliant......
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2