GO!

Birthday Stroll

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Toby

I've been- adopted

Barked: Tue May 20, '08 11:36am PST 
Dogster emailed and said that my brother and I were on the birthday stroll as today is our birthday. Well I looked and looked and then looked again. I looked 3 times and still couldn't find either of us. Why aren't we on there?
[notify]
Moneypenny

oh mon, her says- her loves her- mom!

Barked: Fri Sep 26, '08 9:13pm PST 
me too! got the email looking for my doggie...what the heck???
[notify]
Otis

Otis - ...WHO rescued- WHOM?...

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 1:03pm PST 
Well, happy birthday to BOTH youse cute puppykins, even though it's late! I know that our Mom doesn't understand the birthday stroll - we've never gotten an email for either of our BD's, and Mom does th' birthday stroll nearly every day, to send a gift or two to random pups there just to surprise them. There's a certain pup that appears on th' stroll EVERY DAY shrug and we wrote to HQ to ask why, but never got an answer. Maybe someone out there knows more about how it works?
[notify]

JoeJoe

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 6:26am PST 
canot find dog in birthday stroll.
[notify]
Betty

Lead guitarist- in the- BritishInvasion

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 8:18am PST 
I'm beginning to think this doesn't exist? I can't find it either. No matter... Betty went out for her "Birthday Stroll" bright and early today just like every other day! Happy Birthday to the best weiner-dog ever!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 6:30pm PST 
To find the Birthday stroll

Community Button

click "See the Dogs"

Scroll to the bottom and you will see on the left side

"For more combinations and custom strolls check out Advanced Search! "

Click on Advanced search

Scroll to bottom in the box under the Heading "Search Photo Topics" type in

Birthday Stroll

Click Search.. and your pic will be there
[notify]
Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 9:18pm PST 
Flicka's suggestion will do the trick, but it can be done more easily. The way things are set up make the process rather confusing but here are the possibilities:

As noted above, navigate to the "See the Dogs" page.

In the second section on that page, titled "Themed Photo Galleries", there is a "Birthday" link. However, this is simply a stroll based on photos which have been tagged as "Birthday" by the owners of the photos. ALL photos so tagged - and ONLY those photos - will be included in the Birthday Stroll every day, forever, as long as that tag remains on the photo. Dogs will NOT be automatically included in the Birthday Stroll, on their birthday or any other day, regardless of any email announcements received from Dogster HQ. Unfortunately, the method Flicka performs the same action as this "Birthday" link, so those results will be equally unreliable.

To find dogs who are actually celebrating a birthday, scroll down just a bit further on that "See the Dogs" page, to the third section, titled "More Strolls". Look for a link which says "Dogs Born on..." (followed by the current date). A click on that link will show the real Birthday pups! It is a shortcut to the Advanced Search facility using the current date in the birth date fields.

If you want to find dogs whose birthday is tomorrow, yesterday, or any other day you choose, use the Advance Search link near the bottom of the page, and enter the appropriate birth date info to find them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF THE BIRTHDAY PUPS... EVERY DAY!
partypartywishespartypartypartywishes

Edited by author Thu Apr 11, '13 9:20pm PST

[notify]
Bogey

"Old Man Par" - (reference game- of golf)

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 8:46pm PST 
I have no idea where on this website I'm featured at for my 6th birthday today?! Where do I find the "Birthday Stroll" link to begin with? Oh, never mind! I'm tuckered out from the festivities! Belated Happy Birthday to my canine pals!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 9:44pm PST 
Happy Birthday Bogey !

Please read my post and webster's post above... it will tell you how and where !
[notify]