GO!

Tibbie fan here!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Missie

Teeth kisses for- everyone!

Barked: Fri Mar 16, '07 10:15am PST 
Missie is a Tibetan Spaniel mix. She took more after her Tibbie side than her Cavalier side, and I just have to say, I L O V E T I B B I E S.

I am just so enamoured I had to share.snoopy
[notify]
Hermione

"I LOVE company"

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '07 8:43pm PST 
I too am a Tibbie fan. They one of the funniest dogs I've seen. Other than my Tibbie having a not-to-common panreatic enzyme defiecency disorder, (which is usually a hereditary problems in German Shepherds) the only other problem I have had with her is that every now and then, she will get sooo upset over things that usually don't bother her and she will attack our other dog, a 110 pound Lab. Usually it is when there is another dog running lose around our neighborhood or if she thinks Potter (or Lab) is getting to close to her food. (She does have problems here because she has to wait 15 for her food while her medicine starts working in her food) Have you have any problems with your little one acting out? Other than that she is as sweet as can be. (She was a stray so we don't know what her living conditions were before we got her at about 6 mons. old.)
[notify]
Missie

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '07 9:57am PST 
Missie is the most confident yet still placid dog I have ever owned, big or small. The only time she tries to snip is when she is already chewing on a pig ear or bully stick and Rocky comes on up and tries to take it from her, or if he really pulls on her ears hard when they are playing. She is no push over, she just usually lets things slide.

I do hear from breeders that very rarely they see female to female aggression in unspayed dogs.

Missie is a brat however about coming when she is called. She loves to explore, and has tested every fence she has ever been put inside. Thank goodness she doesn't climb or dig, she just looks for the holes big enough to escape through.
[notify]

Hermione

"I LOVE company"

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '07 8:20pm PST 
I am so glad that Potter is a laid back fellow because he just ignores her when she gets upset. (They are both fixed as I would not have a dog that wasn't) Potter, unfortunatly is almost 13 and our vet is telling us that he will probably not be with us much longer as he is starting to deteriorate fairly fast. So we are trying to prepare ourselves. Isn't easy.

I am so glad that I do not have your problem. Hermione is a scaredy cat I guess because she has never tried to get out. Even if the front door is open for some reason she just stands and looks out. She is also really good about coming when called but she has never gotten out of the house/yard (without being on a leash) so I don''t know how she would be if she ever did get out.
[notify]
Missie

Barked: Fri Mar 23, '07 6:35pm PST 
Sorry to hear about Potter. My J P is a husky, and last year, at the ripe old age of 13 she had a heart attack and we thought we were going to lose her. It's been a year, and she is doing great! Hope Potter's health turns around.

Missie definately is curious, has no fear, and is an explorer. She never charges the door or gates, though. She is very gentle in her manner, and that would look too undignified. She just makes sure we are aware of any weaknesses in any fence she is put into.

She escaped my mom and dad's fence, and their dogs are smaller than her, so we didn't expect that. All she did, though, was explore their front yard and then ask to be let in the front door! Now we make sure that she isn't alone out in a yard unless it is ours. We have already made sure it is well fortified.big grin

She is becoming a bit more of a homebody now that she has outgrown being a puppy, but I think she will be curious in nature her whole life. My husband loves this about her because it is so fun to watch her check everything out all the time.
[notify]
Tashi

So I get by on- my good looks -

Barked: Thu Apr 19, '07 10:45am PST 
Hi, I am a new puppy and already I am stubborn as all get out, and very vocal about my displeasure with things. I have taken over my moms business - she makes and sells jewelry, as a matter of fact, since I arrived, she hasn't been able to make one single thing, I think I'm going to have to work on her focus http://www.artisan-jewelry.blogspot.com/ here is the announcement of my new job.
I'd love you to visit my blog and to become my pal.
[notify]
Missie

Barked: Thu Apr 19, '07 7:39pm PST 
Hi Tashi. I went to your Mom's site. That jewelry is gorgeous, and my mom likes the fresh new take on the pearl necklace, and the pearl quartz ear rings. We are a little illiterate in the way of computers though, and wouldn't know the first thing about blogging, or actually even what it is. (Don't laugh too hard K).

Thanks for saying hello. You are a real sweetie.
[notify]
Kaytee Bell- Mushka

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 3:01pm PST 
I love my Tibbie. We had no idea Kaytee Bell was a tibbie or even that there was such a breed. When we found out we saw she is a tibbie thru and thru. She has all the traits of a tibbie. She cracks us up!!
[notify]
Kaytee Bell- Mushka

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 6:04pm PST 
It is so great to see baby pictures of other tibbies. We don't have any of Kaytee Bell.big grin
[notify]
Murphy

Rambo

Barked: Tue May 29, '07 9:01pm PST 
Hiya!

Murphy here, I'm a red tibbie from PA. I love my family, I'll be 2 on 06/21/07. I'm glad to see fans and other Tibbies here.

puppy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2