GO!

Looking for a poodle pup

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 10:00am PST 
I am looking to purchase a poodle puppy sometime in the next 6 months-1 year. I really want a parti-poodle female, but I am finding it difficult to find a reputable breeder that offers partis. (I know they are not breed standard, but I have no plans to show and don't feel that it is unethical to breed partis).

Any recommendations on breeders, or where to look? I don't absolutely have to have a parti, I think a silver, red, or apricot would be great as well, but if I can find a responsible breeder (and only if, I would not purchase from an irresponsible breeder just to get a parti) I would really like a parti.
[notify]
POSH ( CGC- )

Yes, I am this- Purdy in the- morning

Barked: Fri Apr 22, '11 2:43pm PST 
Sorry it took so long for someone to respond. I KNOW it is hard to find a really great breeder,believe me. I love my parti girl, however, the breeder has gotten out of the business. I knew she was thinking of retiring.

I wish you the best of luck.
[notify]
Desmond CGC

Poodle Swag

Barked: Wed May 18, '11 6:59pm PST 
The ONLY parti breeder that I ever strongly recommend is Tintlet Standard poodles. Her Partis are AKC quality beautiful dogs who CH in CKC and performance events; they have lovely pedigrees and astounding temperaments. There are VERY few reputable parti breeders out there. I think that there may be one (maybe a second) other decent parti breeder in the US, but I can't think of the name. Tintlet is by far the best, though I do not know if she has a litter coming up. I think that if you are looking for a parti though, it is worth a wait! It's better to wait a few months than to get one of the other parti lines that is in the states. They are absolutely riddled with structural and health issues that really should not be supported.
[notify]

Nova CGC

Supernova

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 1:19pm PST 
[This is Juniper, posting as Nova!)

I agree about Tintlet! I went up and visited Gloria and helped do temperament testing on her latest litter (not partis). I hope to eventually get a puppy from her, but I actually ended up going with a rescue. It took some waiting, but Carolina Poodle Rescue ended up getting a gorgeous parti girl as an owner surrender and I adopted her!

Edited by author Sun Jul 10, '11 1:21pm PST

[notify]
POSH ( CGC- )

Barked: Wed Jul 13, '11 6:48am PST 
Did you ever get your parti pup? I know that my breeder strived to come up with the last two liters that were amazing. She did however get out of the business for retirement and travel. My girl comes from a strong line of therapy dogs. I as not interested in showing but just spoiling her to death.

I have people stop me and ask me if I would ever have pups, but I had her spayed.

I was just wondering what happened in your search.
[notify]
Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Thu Jul 14, '11 7:50pm PST 
Hello Lady Posh!

I posted above as "Nova" my new parti girl. I didn't end up getting a puppy. I looked around a lot and I went up and met with Gloria at Tintlet and got to meet several of her beautiful partis, but she wasn't planning a parti litter any time soon. I still have plans to eventually get a pup from her, but that will probably be a few years down the road.

I ended up adopting a 2 year old female from Carolina Poodle Rescue. I applied to them not expecting them to EVER get a parti standard in, but I let them know that I was looking for a parti but would consider any solid standard that wasn't black (I'm just not a fan of black dogs). I got a call a few months later that they had a young parti female that came in as an owner surrender. I was actually leaning toward adopting a two year old silver female at Tintlet that had been removed from her breeding program and had pretty much given up my search for a parti, but I decided to go up and see this girl at the rescue. I fell in love the moment I laid eyes on her, and have never looked back. She is a wonderful dog, has an amazing temperament and personality, is a picture of health and has no behavioral problems. I can't believe I got a dog like this from a rescue, but I guess it does happen!

Thanks for checking in on us, and be sure to check out Nova's page. She is a very pretty girl, and very smart as well! We are hoping to take our CGC test this fall (Juniper and Nova will be taking it) and I hope to start dock diving with Nova as well. After her CGC, I want to start working on her Therapy dog certification.
[notify]
POSH ( CGC- )

Barked: Wed Jul 27, '11 5:03pm PST 
I'm glad you found a baby. I am going to adopt, in some aspect, the next time. It may be a dog that had to return to a breeder for some reason or rescue. It will be down the road. I know the search for a good parti is hard. My lady strived for years to come up with beautiful partis with good temperments. She actually called me for Posh because she had breeders offering her a lot of money, but she didn't want her to live a life like that and she was not going to breed anymore after many years.
[notify]
Nova CGC

Supernova

Barked: Wed Jul 27, '11 5:56pm PST 
I had a great experience rescuing and would do it again in a heartbeat. But for my next dog, I really want to try to get a silver and white parti from Tintlet. Silver and white is my dream dog. I won't be getting one for a couple years, but when that time comes I want a Tintlet pup. I just love her dogs and she is super nice.

Lady Posh is absolutely lovely. I admire the breeder for making the decision to place her into a pet home rather than send her into a life of breeding. And awesome that you got her!
[notify]