GO!

Interested in Obedience?

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Alva BH

I ordered the- best dog for me- & got her

Barked: Tue Aug 27, '13 12:35pm PST 
It seems we, Alva and me, fell into the world of obedience. I've trained her basic obedience and some tricks. Obedience because I wanted to enter BH with her and tricks were just for fun. I had no intent to compete in obedience. I was more interested in agility but we had to quit it because Alva has bad hips.

This summer it changed. My aunt finally managed to talk me into entering a trial. Some practice and there we were, at our very first official obedience trial. It was last weekend. Well, we placed third and got enough points but I wasn't overall happy because Alva got nervous during the trial and almost ran off the ring. Poor Alva, she was probably just confused why she had to perform several moves without a reward and her handler doing stuff differently.

Well, I'll work on our problems and I've started to train the moves of the next class. She already knows some of them but we have to polish them and finish the rest. I am actually thinking to continue our career in obedience!

So, any obedience nuts around?
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 5:15am PST 
I wouldn't call myself a nut, but I do have a passing interest in it. I think it's such an interesting challenge and a handler/dog team working in tandem is quite beautiful. One of these days I'll enter another trial to try and further her title, but with runs being about $30 a pop and my interest in other sports it keeps getting pushed to the back burner.

My biggest issue is fading the rewards. Cohen performs wonderfully when she knows there's food in the picture but was quite flat at our last trial. I've not put in the effort to bridging the gap quite yet.
[notify]