GO!

We finally start Rally class tomorrow

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 6:33am PST 
I am so excited that I found a place I like that has rally classes. We start tomorrow!! Should I feed her after class? It starts at 6 and she normally eats at 5.
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 12:21pm PST 
We loved Rally!

It probably depends on the teaching technique. For example, for evening classes where we used treats as reinforcement, I fed half a meal an hour before class.
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 8:30am PST 
I'd feed a small handful prior to class so your dog isn't famished, but definitely not a full meal.

Good luck! Rally is a great intro to dog sports!
[notify]

Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 10:24am PST 
I wouldn't give much more than a handful of food - especially if it is a +R type class. My dogs are always willing to work for food, but I don't want them working on a full tummy.

Yay for Rally though smile it is a ton of fun and both the dogs & I love it!
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 7:54pm PST 
Well we had our first class and realized that she can't physically do it. She had a lot of trouble, tomorrow I'm calling to see if I can switch and use Zoe instead. She has no problems with arthritis like Kashmir does.
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 2:39pm PST 
How disappointing for you and Kashmir! I hope you can find another activity to do with her.

I hope the instructor allows you to switch dogs for Rally, too.

Best of luck!

Edited by author Tue Apr 30, '13 2:40pm PST

[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 7:12pm PST 
Thanks iris hug
[notify]