GO!

Hanging ribbons

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Is it time for- agility yet?

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 6:35am PST 
How do you hang your ribbons that you get from competitions?

Shadow has earned 4 ribbons already and hopefully there will be more to come in the next couple months. I don't know what to do with them though. I would love to hang them up, but I can't find anything to hold them online or any ideas on how to hang them.
[notify]
Mya CGC TDI

I'm your new- best friend! Pet- me!

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 7:51am PST 
I hang up all the ribbons I earn with Mya! I also am in 4-H outside of the dog project, so I have quite a few ribbons by now (hundreds actually!) to hang up.
What I do and what has worked well is to take a couple large hooks that screw into the wall and put them along a short wall in my room (only a couple feet, so I only used one on each end, but if you did longer you'd probably want more hooks in between for support). Then I took a dowel rod and put it on the hooks. All I have to do now to add ribbons is to lift the dowel rod up and slide more on!

If that's confusing I can take a picture - not sure exactly how to explain it!
[notify]
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 2:04pm PST 
The dowels sound like a really good idea. I use plastic strips that have cork in them. They stick to the wall, and I can push pins into the strips. They are usually used for hanging notes and reminders on them, but I use them for the ribbons. I also have a full sized bulletin board that I have covered in ribbons. I have these up in my "dog/exercise" room.

However, now that I have a couple thousand ribbons, that system doesn't give me near enough space. I recently had a ramp that my dogs use to get up on the bed converted. The top of the ramp opens up to a bit of a hope chest. It's basically a hope chest/dog ramp piece of furniture that holds ribbons. This is an awesome way to store my ribbons.

Congrats on your ribbons!!
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 3:38pm PST 
I have been known to decorate several Christmas trees over the years with JUST dog ribbons and colored lights, BOL!
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 5:04pm PST 
Right now mine are hanging on the kitchen cabinet knobs!
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 5:16pm PST 
We've got a bit of a wall covering the tops of our curtains, instead of painting it, we've just tacked all the ribbons in smile
[notify]
Maggie NAC- WV-N TN-N- CTL-3 RE

Tunnel Suckin'

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 6:11pm PST 
Ugh, you guys make me feel bad that the majority of my ribbons are in a large plastic tub. I only take important ribbons anymore (unless for a national or dated) as I don't have room for them all. I usually keep out the most recent ribbons that I get and they usually hang from a push pin on my cork board until the board gets too full and they go in the tub frown
[notify]
Abbey

Feisty- Girl

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 6:42pm PST 
I keep mine in plastic sleeves in a large binder. Eventually (when I have the cash lol) I’d like to have them made into a ribbon quilt so I can hang them next to the framed title certificates.
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 7:10pm PST 
A ribbon quilt sounds like a really neat idea!
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 7:22pm PST 
I use those magnet strips used to put knives or spice containers on. Ribbons with metal already stick to it. The rest I use tiny magnets to hold them up. Can't put that many ribbons on it, but you can always change out the older ones for newer ones and store the older ones.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2