GO!

Shiba Boy Koji Did It Again

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
MACH Koji BN- RAE MXB MJS- MXF T

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 9:34am PST 
Just came back from Portland Agility Club trial in Ridgefield, WA. Very happy to report that Koji earned his MX and MXJ titles and #5 QQ.

Our journey so far.

July 2012 -First AKC Agility Trial. Earned NA and NAJ
Aug 2012 - Earned OA and OAJ
Sep 2012 - Earned AX, AXJ and NF
Dec 2012 - Earned OF
Jan 2013 - Earned MX and MXJ

I was very proud of what we accomplished in such a short time. He also did extremely well in Excellent FAST, getting 2 very difficult bonus sends that I thought we would not get.

He was happy running and much more confident than when we first started with increased speed and sometimes executive decisions when I was too slow cuing where we were going next. smile

Little Art Work of Koji at the PAC ttrial

Edited by author Thu Jan 10, '13 9:35am PST

[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 2:09pm PST 
Woo hoo congratulations!! party That's a really cool picture.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 8:43am PST 
And he got his RAE (Rally Advanced Excellent) title on 1/14/2013, a year after his first debut in Rally at the same show. What a boy!
[notify]

Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 12:32pm PST 
Wahoo! Congrats on the agility and rally titles smile

Maybe we'll see you guys at a show as Tika is about ready to get into real trialing (I think I may have watched a run at a USDAA trial that I was visiting friends at - but I wasn't sure if it was you guys or not...it was a cute Shiba regardless though lol).
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 5:40pm PST 
What venue will you and Tikka be playing in? CPE, USDAA and/or AKC?

We do AKC mostly because there are so many trials to choose from, but also enjoy USDAA if there is one in our region (WA).

If you saw a red Shiba at a USDAA trial in WA after May 2012, then it could be us. There is another Shiba (black and tan) actively competing in USDAA and AKC and they are from the Portland, OR area.

Are you coming to the Red Hot Rover USDAA trial in late Jan?
[notify]
Tika RS-E- JS-E GS-E RA- CL3

Mine?

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 8:42pm PST 
I am planning on doing some USDAA at some point. Right now she is in season and then for the April trial she will be recovering from her spay...so maybe at some point this year we'll play. No AKC for us as I have enough venues I plan to run in - I don't need to spend more lol!

It was at the Elma trial in November smile
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 11:17pm PST 
Koji who do you train with for Agility ?
I've been going to this gal in Puyallup for awhile but I just don't feel like shes that experienced, idk. She has 2 collies, which are very different from Shepherds so her methods don't work well with us. They're beautifully trained.. Just.. a lot more willing, haha.

Theres a place in Fife called SpotOn Agility that I've been thinking of ? And Nare's trainer for herding also teaches Agility (at Ewe-topia in Roy).

P.s. You're in Washington right ?
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 7:03am PST 
Tika

Yes, that's probably us you saw at Elma. I entered both of my Shibas there. My older Maluko still needs so convincing that Agility is something worthy of her time.

There is a USDAA regional in May at Argus, I believe, so hopefully, we will see you there! big grin
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 7:20am PST 
@Nare

We train with Blynn Baker in Buckley. (you can find her contact info along with many other trainers in the area here, http://r2agility.com/links.htm#Seattle%20Instructors)

Blynn is a great instructor. We started our foundation training with her when she taught at It's a Dog's World in Sumner and followed her after she left there.

I know SpotOn Agility, but never take lessons there. We occasionally go there for practice (it is indoors and heated, and you can rent the space when there is no class). Because of the space limit (it's much smaller than what you will see at a trial or other places we train), the course designs there have their limitations.

We trained with several instructors in the area and my criteria for choosing an instructor is first and foremost - expertise in the sports: knowledge and willingness to learn about new training/handling approaches, actively competing in the sports, how well they run their own dogs (not just qualifications, but see how the team work together - are they smooth and connected in the ring vs. choppy with a lot of band-aids?, how much they care about their students and their success and how well they can communicate their knowledge to you without being condescending.

Have you started trialing with Nare yet? If not, go to a trial and observe teams at different levels competing and talk to people to get a sense of which instructor they train with and how they like them.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 7:29am PST 
Oh, and forget to brag about his QQ #6 at the Evergreen Afghan Hound Club Trial over the weekend, in addition to getting his Rally Advanced Excellent (RAE) title. He is officially retired from Rally and can focus on Agility, Coursing and Nosework now. dancing
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2