GO!

A Dog's Color Vision and Its Importance in Dog Training

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 3:43pm PST 
Here is an article I wrote on how colors a dog sees is important in training. I'll post the link, but I don't know how to make the link "clickable." Can someone teach me this?

http://agilitymach.hubpages.com/hub/How-Does-a-Dogs-Color-Vision -Affect-Canine-Sport-How-do-Dogs-See

How dogs color vision affects training

So do you consider your dog's color vision when training?

Edited by author Mon Dec 24, '12 12:42pm PST

[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 6:24pm PST 
Clickable Link

smile

It's hard to put the code needed in a post since it tends to get goofed up. But it's:

< a href=" Insert your website here "> Put in text you want it to read here < / a>

Just remove all spaces except the one between "a" and "href."

Great insight. It's something I'd thought of on occasion but never in regards to training. I will certainly keep note of it for the future. Thanks so much for sharing!

Edited by author Thu Dec 20, '12 6:31pm PST

[notify]
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 7:59pm PST 
I appreciate your help. I was unable to get it to work, but I suspect the problem in on my end (user failure). smile Thank you for your thoughts about the article!!!
[notify]

MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 9:13am PST 
Here's a link cheat site. Post the url in the first box, what you want your link to say in the second box, then click the create button. I'll read your article later. Gotta run now.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 9:24am PST 
Really great article Aslan.
It can be a bit tricky to get the hyperlink thing. I always have to hit the "preview" tab to check if it works before posting. My most frequent mistakes are omitting the the space between a href, mixing up my < & >s, or forgetting the quotation marks. laugh out loud
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 12:47pm PST 
applauseapplause
Great article as always Aslan

It's really not something I ever thought of, but makes total sense.
I've been fortunate I suppose with my choice of clothing as most of my athletic wear (or agility wear as it mostly is laugh out loud) is black.

I've often been asked why the contact zones are typically blue and yellow, and never had an answer until now!

Thanks for the article!
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 5:53pm PST 
Thank you so much for your insight on this! I find this incredibly fascinating and maybe this will help in the future when I try out my hand at agility! smile
[notify]
Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 6:43pm PST 
Very interesting, thanks! I read somewhere else that blue dog toys are good, so that's what I've been trying to purchase.
[notify]
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '12 10:10pm PST 
Thank you everyone. I think color choices are very important for dogs, and it's not something I always think about. smile

Bailey, thank you for the cheat site for creating links. I'm going to try it now on another article I wrote about training deaf dogs. I'll see if it works. smile

article on deaf dogs

I think it's working!!
[notify]
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '12 10:12pm PST 
It does work!! Thanks Bailey!! I bookmarked that site. smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2