GO!

total trial breakdown

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 6:45am PST 
Nestle, Chark's predecessor, and I were at a trial to attempt a leg on her u-cdx. Nestle (a 25 lb tan terrier mix) did NOT like early morning starts... so. We're at the drop-on-recall. She drops. Finish the recall... she gets up, turns 90 degrees and leaves at a rather dignified walk. I'm still ROFL thinking of that. She needed her cup of Joe and a danish, and this was just not hacking it.

As others have pointed out... it happens. Next time you will both be prepared and calm... and something else may go wrong. wink

Live and learn (operative term being 'learn') laugh out loud
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 8:14am PST 
I've had a couple really ugly performances at OB/rally trials (though, I've never NQd at one...). Our last few performances were riddled with mistakes, and Cohen's motivation was so poor it really shook me up. We've taken a while off from competition, and probably won't start up again until I take a few classes with a new instructor in my area. I'm not interested in just eeking by during a performance - I want us to be enjoying ourselves and get some decent scores to boot.

One thing that's really helped our agility performances has been to trial A LOT. I'm still too new to OB style sports to have gotten to many trials thus far, but I could foresee it helping. You need to desensitize yourself to the trial atmosphere, and you need Mulder to get more comfortable with it too. You should also enter into a trial with a realistic expectation, like a nice sharp finish after a recall instead of wanting to come away from it with a Q. It will take some of the pressure off of you, and in turn you'll be able to take some off of your dog. Get out there, sign up for correction matches, trial FEO, etc. All the while work on making it fun for Mulder. Play between exercises (or during!) and know when it might be best to excuse yourself from the ring if you or Mulder aren't enjoying it.
[notify]
Ch. Opal - BN, RE, CGC

this is the good- life

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 8:21am PST 
Mulder I NQed my girl the same way this weekend by double commanding on stand for exam and this was after us getting two rally excellence legs but we all have our days and just got to start over again
[notify]

Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 8:32pm PST 
They do that. I'm so new it's hard to tell sometimes when she's 'done', but you learn that pretty quick. I think the most important thing was that you didn't hold it against him. It is tough though, especially when you know they CAN do it! Oh well. We are always hardest on ourselves. I say bravo, and just keep going. You guys will do awesome.
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 12:02pm PST 
Very glad the 2nd day went better! And it will continue to do so with more experience at the trials.

smile I can see those double commands getting me in OB after years in rally!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2