GO!

competing in agility, obedience, rally with an unregistered dog

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 5:46pm PST 
Agility there's USDAA, CPE, NADAC, AKC, UKC.
Rally there's AKC, UKC, USDAA, C-WAGS, ASCA.
Obedience there's AKC, UKC.

I'm probably forgetting some but that's most of them. smile
[notify]
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 7:47pm PST 
ASCA has agility and obedience too.

I see that you are listed as being in Arizona. ASC of AZ has quite a few events each year that I know of, so depending on location you have that option.
[notify]
Miro

Troublemaker

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 8:03pm PST 
Thanks for the help everyone. smile. Decker totally rocks obedience and rally, agility is iffy though lol
[notify]

Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 7:11am PST 
As noted earlier, you can PAL/ILP through AKC (no requirement for speuter); I love UKC... but their registration for undocumented dogs would require neuterizing your pup.
[notify]
Tuscaroras- Bella Bleu- RN CGC

Rock'n the- Rally-O World!

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 6:59am PST 
You can compete in AKC events as long as you get an alternative registry number through them. You can also show in ASCA venues with a tracking number, but the dog MUST be spayed or neutered, and proof must be verified by veterinarian. Hope this helps! Have fun with your dog!
[notify]
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 8:57am PST 
The ASCA tracking number does not require spaying/neutering. The ASCA LEP number requires spaying/neutering...but not the basic tracking number. But the LEP is not necessary for companion events like obedience, agility, rally, and stock.

I have one tracking number Aussie, one LEP Aussie, and one full registration Aussie...I also have filled out a few tracking number applications for new friends to the sport and never once was proof of altering required (filled the one for my dog out at a trial).
[notify]
Bosley

Will Work For- Food

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '12 3:00pm PST 
The application for the AKC PAL/ILP requires that your dog is spayed/neutered.
I live in Canada and was looking to get an AKC registration on my dog so I could do some performance stuff in the states. The paperwork do to that is rediculous, so I thought I would just get a PAL instead since the paperwork is simple. The spay/neuter requirement is right on the application form , which didn't surprise me since the CKC PEN program requires the same.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2