GO!

competing in agility, obedience, rally with an unregistered dog

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Miro

Troublemaker

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 8:26am PST 
This is possible right? I mean can I compete in akc events with a dog who isn't akc registered? Or are there other venues I can use?
[notify]
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 9:52am PST 
You can get a limited registration on any dog in AKC - mixed or purebred - any age. The Canine Partners program allows any dog to be registered to compete in the performance events like agility, Rally, obedience...

http://classic.akc.org/mixedbreeds/index.cfm

Go register and have fun!!
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 9:54am PST 
If your dog is a purebred (or looks close enough to one) you can register for a PEN, which will allow your dog to compete in AKC/CKC events. I'm Canadian, so I'm not sure, but I think you can apply for a number from the AKC even if your dog looked like a complete mutt as long as you can provide proof that he or she is desexed. I'm fuzzy on the details.

However, you can compete in sports without the AKC/CKC. APDT and CARO offer Rally. USDAA and AAC offer Agility. I'm not sure about obedience - I'm sure there's a non KC group out there who holds OB competitions but I don't know a name.

So, regardless of whether your dog is registered or not, the world is your oyster as far as trialing is concerned.
[notify]

Miro

Troublemaker

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 12:00pm PST 
Desexed? As in neutered, because he isn't and I don't plan on doing it until later, if ever. I will check out all the orgs that were listed though, thanks for the info. He is purebred his breeder just turned out to be... Well a bit dishonest. So I can't register him like was originally planned.
[notify]
Maggie NAC- WV-N TN-N- CTL-3 RE

Tunnel Suckin'

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 1:41pm PST 
There is so much more to the world of dog sports than the AKC. There is the Australian Shepherd Club of America (ASCA) where you can get a tracking number to compete in agility, herding, obedience, or rally.

If you want just agility I know that there is also CPE, NADAC, and USDAA (& some other venues depending on your area).

I also know that UKC has programs...but seeing as how I don't know anything about them I can't help.
[notify]
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 2:13pm PST 
C-WAGS does obedience, Rally and Scent Detective games.

Many venues offer Rally and agility besides AKC. And most welcome all dogs.

And then there are a ton of other sports that don't require purebred registrations.

Look around and see what fits your schedule and location.
[notify]
Miro

Troublemaker

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 3:36pm PST 
I don't know where to look, I will try some of the other clubs listed, but other then that I don't know a website to look at to list these events for me. There will be nothing in my town, so ill have to travel. Which is fine. I know there are other orgs I just used the akc as an example.
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 5:56pm PST 
All dogs have to be registered with the organization you're competing in. In AKC, you can get a PAL (Purebred Alternate Listing) number for purebreds who aren't registerable through AKC (for whatever reason). In other organizations, lack of pedigree doesn't really amount to much. They simply register dogs to compete in performance events (though some other registries do offer conformation events as well).
[notify]
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 6:15pm PST 
What specifically are you interested in doing? Rally? Agility? Freestyle? Flyball? Comp OB? Scent games?
[notify]
Miro

Troublemaker

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 9:17am PST 
I'm interested in the activities I listed in the title. smile I also have my older mini aussie who is ready to compete now, but I wasn't sure how to go about it.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2