GO!

Agility for the Spectator

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 6:22pm PST 
Have you ever tried to explain agility to someone who doesn't know the sport? I wrote an article on agility for the first time spectator that is good for sharing with your friends to explain the crazy sport that you and your dog are involved in. smile

http://agilitymach.hubpages.com/hub/Visiting-Your-First-Agilit y-Trial-How-to-be-a-Spectator-at-a-Dog-Agility-Show

I hope it's helpful for your family and friends!!!
[notify]
Jax

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 10:34pm PST 
It says the page doesn't exist!
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 2:57pm PST 
Jax, remove the spaces in the link smile
Don't know why, but that happens a lot on Dogster.

Aslan, thanks for the article!
Very informative smile Just wish I had that when trying to explain agility to the SO laugh out loud.
Usually when someone asks what dog agility is, I end up stuttering..."it's um...the dog obstacle course thing? Where they um...run through tunnels? red facered face"
Because if I explain it the way I feel about it, people get the confused look and have no idea what I'm talking about.... shrug
[notify]

Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 4:40pm PST 
here, I made it into a clicky link for you.
How to Be a Spectator
[notify]
Abbey

Feisty- Girl

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 7:49pm PST 
Hi Aslan, nice to see you around here again! wave

Cobain, that’s how I usually explain it too. I know that confused look well. laugh out loud
[notify]
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 7:34pm PST 
Thanks Bruno for posting the link for me!!! I'm glad you guys like the article. Agility is hard to describe, and when I try, I always hope they've seen it on TV. Otherwise, my explanation sounds incomplete. smile
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 1:16pm PST 
Nicely done, Aslan! Now if someone could just explain who created the weave (and why), I'd be a happy camper wink
[notify]
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 3:29pm PST 
I tell people that it is an obstacle course with tunnels and things to climb and jump over lol! I try not to get to in depth unless they really sound interested.

Great job applause
[notify]
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 11:17pm PST 
Thanks everyone for reading the link. smile Feel free to give the link to any of your friends who don't know what agility is. It's so involved, it's really hard to explain!! smile
[notify]
Theo

nom nom nom

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 3:27pm PST 
Ah thank you so much! This is a wonderful article, and I'm so glad I found it now instead of in a few months when we start doing our first agility classes! :] I'll be using this more than once.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2