GO!

Dock Diving brag!

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Ninja PD- SR-1 FDCH-G- TF3

Take That!

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 11:09am PST 
Ninja has been having fun learning to swim as he grows up, and just a litte over a week ago discovered he can jump into deeper water too. Well last weekend he went along to a dock diving event to cheer on some of his dog pals. They had a practice spot open in between competition time, so they let me take him up to the dock so he could swim a bit in the pool and climb out using the litte ramp. i knew he could jump in from the ledge by the ramp but he had other things in mind! He took one look at the water and launched himself off! one thing led to another and he ended up jumping off the actual dock like a big dog and secured himself a competition spot. No expectations or anything, i was just beyond happy to see him so confident and happy, and basically addicted to the water. He would jump in and grab his toy and then climb out of the pool using the litte dock. As soon as his time was over, he would be trying to haul me back to the pool and went crazy seeing the other dogs on the dock having fun without him.

He ended up jumping an official 5 feet, 7 inches in the competition and it was enough to get him into the finals, where he earned his first ribbon ever!! im so proud of him, only being 5 months old at the time and 23 pounds! Looks like in addition to Flyball in his future, he will be a Dock Dog too!So proud of my little man, i posted some picutes of him jumping on his page!
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 5:16pm PST 
Big congrats! way to go Charks absolutely love dock jumping... She goes totally nuts. _I_ love because it's a totally relaxed sport. Again, big congratulations party
[notify]
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '12 10:16am PST 
cheercheercheer Ninja
[notify]

Vivace

Wonder pup in- the making.

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '12 7:49pm PST 
Way to go!!!!! Vivace goes bonkers when it comes to dock diving also. It sure doesn't take them long to figure it out once they learn it is fun. I love the sport even if we don't get out to do it that often. We took the year odd due to financial reasons and for some training to get her to listen better on the dock. Hopefully next year we will get to some events. This sport is so addicting since it really is so much fun. I don't know who has more fun the dogs or the owners.
[notify]