GO!

Showing in Veteran Class??

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '12 8:13am PST 
Does anybody who shows know anything about showing in this class for confirmation? I just keep thinking of how the confirmation teacher said Kashmir should be dog i was showing. (I went way back in March to brush up on skills because i was showing my breeder's dog). I told the teacher that Kash was spayed and she said it didnt matter in Veterans class but Ive never made it that far.
[notify]
Ch. Darrell, in memory

Design jewelry,- not dogs!

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '12 8:59am PST 
As a matter of fact, Darrell is going to a show in a couple of weeks and is in the Veterans class in conformation (It's conform, as to a breed standard, not confirm, BOL!).
Usually they have to be 8 or older, sometimes 7 at a Speciality, and are normally past great show winners who have now retired or brood bitches who have produced a bunch of champions. We usually bring them out for a special judge or club.
Not all shows offer the Veterans class and you can't win any points from it.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '12 9:19am PST 
Seems like Kashmir is a little young for Veteran's class.. you may want to try UKC's Altered class instead.
[notify]

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '12 11:23am PST 
Lillith i was looking into the UKC altered class, but Kashmir is AKC and not sure how to get into the UKC?
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '12 12:07pm PST 
Here, it's simple to register an AKC dog with UKC:

http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/WebPages/Registration/StandardSin gleReg

smile
[notify]