GO!

Yay! first agility trial- with video

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '12 3:29pm PST 
We went to our first agility trial today! It was a UKI trial, so I entered in Nursery (a not-for-points class) that doesn't have a teeter or weave poles. (He likes the teeter, but doesn't weave without help yet.)

He did REALLY well, I think! He did miss one jump, he went under it and knocked the bar with his tail. Otherwise, everything was correct, in the correct order, and we didn't go overtime. I don't think I did anything too stupid... thinking Watch for where he gets tangled in the chute and spins in circles, it's pretty funny. I thought I would have to go rescue him, but he makes it out on his own. I just hope this doesn't make him suspicious of the chute in the future... link to video here:
our first agility trial run!

This definitely makes me happy and want to go further with this sport. Hopefully there will be many more trials to come!
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '12 3:53pm PST 
Nice job! cheer

Bruno looked great, and was so cute spinning in the chute puppy

Edited by author Sun Jul 22, '12 3:54pm PST

[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '12 6:08pm PST 
Great job! cheer I have a feeling that if Bruno does get suspicious of the chute, a few yummy treats will make him forget all about that incident. He carried on after it like nothing had happened.
[notify]

Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 9:24am PST 
Nicely done! way to go
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 8:18pm PST 
Go Bruno! happy dance

Great job! That was super cute to watch, too. I love how his tail was wagging the entire time and I "awwww'd" when he went through the poles in the jump and was spinning in the chute. cloud 9

I am about halfway through intermediate classes with Farley and I haven't even thought about trials yet. That's something I should look into, I'd like to have some video of Farley doing it too! big grin
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 8:35pm PST 
way to go Bruno!

He WAS pretty funny in the chute, and I was impressed by how quickly he shook off the experience!
[notify]
The Duke

of Hazard

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '12 1:16pm PST 
Nice job! and congrats on your first trial!applause
[notify]
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '12 5:13pm PST 
What a happy tail! Limbo-ing the jumps should be extra points wink well at least according to Porter laugh out loud
[notify]
Rio, CGC,- RL1, CL1, TD

You can't say- that i can't- play!

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 7:59am PST 
Nice job Bruno!! he looks like he had an awesome time which is what it's all about! party
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 11:46am PST 
way to goway to go good job!!!! big grin
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2