GO!

First CPE trial Saturday!

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Quin)- Herdabout- The Mighty- Qu

Herdabout The- Mighty Quinlan!

Barked: Fri May 25, '12 10:29am PST 
First trial in agility is Saturday! Gotta leave by 6am to get to the show for 7:30 so I can set up and find the breeder and her other students entered before the height measuring...

Never done this before...not sure what to expect.
It is at the Red Barn in Barrie, Ontario. So it is indoors. I am bringing both Quin and Indie since I don't wanna leave Indie at home crated so might as well bring him to get him used to all the excitement, which I am sure is different then a conformation show smile

Any pointers or helpful ideas...shoot em my way smile

THANKS
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Fri May 25, '12 11:04am PST 
The Red Barn is a nice venue - I was up there last month for a Rally trial.

Bring a clean, indoor pair of shoes. They have some really nice flooring in there, and they're hyper sensitive to people and dogs tracking dirt onto it. They have their own coffee shop on the premises (which you can get to without changing into/out of your indoor shoes) which they encourage people to use. The indoor area itself isn't that large, so you'll not have much trouble finding your breeder and friends.

As for the trial itself, just relax and have fun. Set yourself some reasonable goals instead of expecting you and Indie to perform perfectly. If you guys Q, celebrate lots! But if Indie does a good job holding his contacts, or is happy and enthusiastic, celebrate that lots too.
[notify]
Huck

GO!!!

Barked: Fri May 25, '12 3:59pm PST 
CPE is a really fun and relaxing venue, the judges are great and will explain the classes to you and if you have questions you can ask them during their briefing. Go have funsmile
[notify]