GO!

bait diving in agility

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 4:48pm PST 
Cohen and Abbey both have good points--Gus can get treat sniffy too when we get to the field. I have a carabiner on the end of our leash and often just clip Gus to the chain link fence . . . between runs or when I need to walk a course. It does keep her more eager to work when I'm not attending to her every moment (like "I can't believe you're doing stuff without me!")

I also found it helps if I'm extra energetic when we do our runs--if I'm lack luster, she often decides to go check other smells out. But if I look like I'm taking off without her, about to have some crazy fun, she can't resist going with me.

If you do something in between, instead of leave its, try being super silly and playing tug with your leash (you might get a tugging leash if yours isn't thick or sturdy enough) whatever gets him wound up to play . . . .
[notify]
(Quin)- Herdabout- The Mighty- Qu

Herdabout The- Mighty Quinlan!

Barked: Tue May 22, '12 8:11pm PST 
I have this issue...during training we had plates at the end of the contacts (A frame, Dog walk, Teeter) to ensure they would hit the contacts and not jump off...I was practicing last week and Quin just would stop at the end of the a frame and sniff and sniff...made us 10 seconds over in our practice run.

I understand the getting him riled up...that could work...

Some good pointers so far and I am gonna give them a try too smile
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2