GO!

Mock trial results

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Lenny

Lenny -The- Wrecking Ball

Barked: Thu May 10, '12 7:40pm PST 
Meant to post this earlier, but been really busy... but I wanted to share my recent mock trial experience with you all (especially those kind enough to wish us good luck on our adventure!)

Lenny was successful on 2 out of the four elements; he would have been successful on vehicles if it was not for my mistake. On the container search I'm not exactly sure what happened but he went to the wrong box twice. So not entirely sure what happened there, but either way I was very proud of how he handled the people and dogs around him and being confined to a leash and or car most of the day. Missing the last couple of weeks of classes before hand really left me feeling unprepared, but I think we still did fairly well together. Talk about a wonderful learning experience. I did my best to stay out of his way, just letting him do his thing and tried hard not to fumble or hesitate at the threshold (if he was bounding in then I just let him bound in). The notes on my score sheet were encouraging and very helpful in regards to those things and a couple of others.

We did not have any of the fastest times, but we were recognized as one of the teams with good team work (even got a ribbon!) which made me very happy. If there is anything I strive to be most, it's a positive and encouraging team mate. Lenny seemed a little nervous at first with the strangers in the room in the interior search, but after sniffing them briefly he seemed happy to get back to work quickly after that.

I was much more nervous than he was, and I think he should have gotten the reward of most supportive dog. laugh out loud It was clear for the most part he knew what he was looking for and when he was successful he had a pep in his step walking back to the car. As if he was strutting in his glory.

Nosework is a great sport and I had a great experience and just wanted to share that with my Dogster family.

Hopefully I'll have a qualifying score to report in June. smile
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Tue May 15, '12 11:30am PST 
Great job, Lenny!way to go That sounds like fun . . .. I wonder if the "wrong box" had been accidentally tainted with a scent somehow? A dog would know better than we would.

We tried one session of nosework and it seemed like it was really fun and exciting for the dogs, not only did they get to follow their nose, they got rewarded for it! laugh out loud It really made me appreciate watching a dog use it's nose more!
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Thu May 17, '12 12:40pm PST 
Good job!

Ghost always does the worst on what should be the easiest - the container searches!

Sounds like you had fun!
[notify]

Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Thu May 17, '12 1:11pm PST 
Wonderful job! Sounds like a wonderful time and lots of fun. You will rock in June smile
[notify]