GO!

CPE in Canada

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
(Indie) CH- Herdabout- Tri N 4 I

HURRY UP!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:19pm PST 
Hi!

I just started back training after the Winter off (since I drive almost 2 hours to the breeder for training) and my boys are both still in good shape for agility....

WELL...I am looking at starting CPE. I see an application online but it's one to print out and I will have to get a bank draft since I am in Canada to pay the fee for a membership.

Anyone have any pointers?

ALSO, I'd love to see any videos of courses that they use or have done with their own pets.
We did a 15-16 obstacle course on the weekend and both boys did really well...we are still learning the weave and teeter can be a little scary, but they have both improved a lot with those two smile
[notify]
Huck

GO!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:23pm PST 
Look on Huck and Callie's page. There is a CPE standard run on Callie's and a Colors run on Huck's. Both were novice runs.
[notify]
(Quin)- Herdabout- The Mighty- Qu

Herdabout The- Mighty Quinlan!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:38pm PST 
Thanks Huck!
Ya...we would def start at the beginning...Level 1 standard?...I think...

There is a trial here May 26 and 27 in Ontario, Canada...think I'll wait until I'm more confident. Quin is most likely ready to go, but Indie is too young (just turned 1 year Jan 21, 2012)

****Posted as Quin...Indie's brother...Oops

Edited by author Mon Apr 30, '12 8:38pm PST

[notify]

Maggie NAC- WV-N TN-N- CTL-3 RE

Tunnel Suckin'

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:40pm PST 
I adore CPE - been to trials on both the West Coast & in Michigan (the home of CPE) and I adore the atmosphere.

On my Youtube you can see all sorts of runs from our first trials to our more recent trials (from level 1 until level 4) last month.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KhimberCat

Don't be afraid to ask about how the games are played - most of the judges (actually all of them that I have encountered) have been great at explaining them to new people.
[notify]
(Quin)- Herdabout- The Mighty- Qu

Herdabout The- Mighty Quinlan!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:43pm PST 
Awesome!

Games?? like trials?

We are still working on the weaves and teeter...and Indie is too young right now (although he soo could do it LOL) Are there practice runs I can do with Indie at trails cause he is too young? Just so he can be used to the atmosphere?

Quin could def enter the end of this month...he has good focus on me (as long as no birds are in the ring LOL)
[notify]
Huck

GO!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:43pm PST 
CPE is really a nice venue and a perfect venue for a beginner. The judges are very helpful and most are more then willing to answer your questions and competitors are generally really friendly and helpful as well. Go and enter in Level 1 and have funsmile
[notify]
Huck

GO!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:45pm PST 
Level 1 has no teeter or weavessmile
[notify]
(Indie) CH- Herdabout- Tri N 4 I

HURRY UP!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:48pm PST 
Whats the difference between wildcard, full house, snooker, jumpers, etc? LOL

I would be doing standard level 1 right?
[notify]
Huck

GO!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:52pm PST 
Yes Standard Level 1, Jumpers Level 1, Colors Level 1, etc.
The games are fun and I think you will get a better explaination from the rule book.
http://www.k9cpe.com/forms/2012rb.pdf
[notify]
Huck

GO!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 8:55pm PST 
I would enter Colors as well as Jumpers and Standard. Colors is an easy class and you have to pic one of 2 nested courses that are different by colored cones. Your dog has to stay on the one course you choose. Its a short class and a fast class.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2