GO!

How, Exactly, Do You Sign Up For an AKC Rally Trial?

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Dozer ~ CGC

Life is about- clicking and- sleeping

Barked: Tue Feb 14, '12 10:42pm PST 
This may seem like an obvious question, but I can't figure it out and it's frustrating me. dog

I am hoping to do an AKC Rally trial with Dozer this March. He has a PAL and know all the novice commands so I'm going to try it out and see how it goes.

The only problem is... I can't figure out how to sign up for an event!

I've combed the AKC website looking for a form to fill out and send in or an online registration option. I've checked the club website searched through that as well. I've even Googled it, checked Yahoo! answers and Wiki answers, but I haven't found a whisper of how to sign up anywhere.

So, what do you do? Contact the club and ask to sign up? Is there a secret form floating around somewhere that is only given to a select few? (If there is a form, whom/where do you send it in to?) Online registration would be nice, but I'm guessing there isn't such a thing.

Thanks for checking this out, I'm just a little flabbergasted that I can't figure it out. I'm a complete newbie so even little details like this trip me up. Thanks again! meditate
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 4:58am PST 
Each show has a Premium list. Included in that is the entry form. You can request the premium list from either the AKC site OR the club site.
OR... if you can find out who is the superintendent (IE. MB/F, Rau, Onofrio, etc.) they have online options to enter BUT it will cost more. Google "Dog Show Superintendents" for their web pages.
OR... infodog.com (MB/F) does have options to enter ALL shows however, again, online entries cost more AND there are addition fees if it is not one of their shows. (ie. Rau or one of the others.)
Remember, there is an approximately 2 week closing date when entries must be received prior to the show. That premium list will also give you the closing date.
Good luck!!!
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 5:56am PST 
What Toto said. wink

If you go on AKC's website and search for events in your area, you can click on the event name and it'll open up a new window. In that window, it will tell you "For Additional Information Contact:" and that will give you the information of where you can get the premium (the Superintendent/Secretary information is also on the chart). I know on Jim Rau's site, you can print off the premium on your own and mail in your entry form and fees the snail mail way.

Once you've entered a show through one of the larger groups (Onofrio, Rau, etc.), they usually send you premiums in the mail for local shows after that.
[notify]

Dozer ~ CGC

Life is about- clicking and- sleeping

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 11:56am PST 
Thank you so much!

I've found the show superintendent's website, including the online and paper forms. Entry closes in about a week so I'll be getting them in soon.

Thanks again! dog walk
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 9:01pm PST 
Onofrio is awesome. Super-straight forward and no messing around with the 'we will not accept photocopies and double-sided blah blah blah"s.
[notify]