GO!

Jump height Card Q?

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Abby

Anna's Dark- Angel

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 2:56pm PST 
Ok so I just finished registering my girlie with USDAA and I measured my dog to the best of my abilities and from what I got the first time I measured her she was 21", but looking at how I measured her I thought I was starting from the wrong area and so the second go around I got 22" which is what I put down when I registered her... But yeah so I have no idea if that's correct or not since I fail at measuring...

Anyway she'll be getting measured at the trial, but if she turns out to be less than 22" is it possible to get the height on her temp card changed? or do I just keep it and continue to have her measured at every trial? Sorry for the noob question just kinda confused about this
[notify]
Shiloh ITD

GIMME BACON!

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 9:35am PST 
I *think* they will measure her at the trial and give her a height card. Not that helpful, sorry.
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 11:45am PST 
The way it worked for Cohen (in AAC) was I measured her at home when I sent in her sign up sheet. She was then tentatively placed in the corresponding height category. Then the day of the trial she was measured officially by a judge. If I'd screwed up then they could have fairly easily moved Cohen from one height class to another on the day of the comp.
[notify]

Maggie NAC- WV-N TN-N- CTL-3 RE

Tunnel Suckin'

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 12:08am PST 
I am terrible at measuring and have a tendency to round down...but it is easier and generally accepted in venues to move up in height as opposed to down. I would enter in the lower height and if it turns out that she needs to move up, then they can move her up.

Also, when entering, don't be afraid to email the trial secretary. They are generally very friendly people and willing to answer questions that you may have about entry forms (I still get the occasional o.O face at them after filling them out for 4 years). Most secretaries I have spoken with would rather deal with an oops or a question before the closing date, so the earlier the email the better.
[notify]