GO!

Equipment specs?

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Magnum NAJ- O-TN-N OJC- WV-N

Run fast, run- clean!

Barked: Tue Jan 31, '12 5:33pm PST 
Ok, I've got someone who is willing to weld me a dog walk base big grin and I need some specs for it lol. On NADAC's site I've found that the ramps are supposed to be 11'6"-12' long but how long is the "runway" or the top straight part? Anything else about how to build a competition style dog walk and any other contact equipment would be greatly appreciatedbig grin Thanks!
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Tue Jan 31, '12 8:57pm PST 
12 ft each
[notify]

Run fast, run- clean!

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 7:47pm PST 
Oh ok thank you so muchsmile blue dog
[notify]

Run fast, run- clean!

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 6:10pm PST 
Ok, another question, what is the best surface to have on the boards thats not too expensive? Would roll on truck bed liner be okay, or is that too rough? I've looked at painting, then putting sand, then painting again but is that really worth it? And what about outdoor carpet? Thankssmile
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 7:01pm PST 
I would not put outdoor carpet or astroturf on a dog walk. I'd just do the paint/sand/paint/sand/paint/polyurethane since it's not something I'd want to redo every year. Time consuming but cheaper and more durable in the long run.

There is grit which you can mix into the paint itself to save time but I can't tell you how well it works.

The less-cheap option is the DIY rubber stuff. A dog walk surface is about $100 I believe.

Edited by author Sun Feb 12, '12 7:06pm PST

[notify]