GO!

Thoughts about freestyle--showing up vs. showing off your dog!

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 5:47am PST 
Thanks so much, great advice, Jalisa!

A lot of things I wouldn't have thought of--like changing the pace at least once during the song!way to go
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Wed Feb 8, '12 9:21pm PST 
Well tonight was our last class, so we each were supposed to come up with a one minute-ish routine to music we picked. She said for this purpose it would be o.k. if the music went on after we were done . . .

Anyway, I was pretty pleased with what we came up with! I realized pretty early on in trying to work it out, that I'd have to practice it a lot without the dog, so I wouldn't forget where I was going and get us both confused. laugh out loud

I was shocked that no one else brought their music with them! Fortunately for them, one girl had an iPhone and just found what they wanted on Youtube.

And I've been mulling over songs since day one! laugh out loud

My instructor really liked what we did and said it would have been qualifying for novice! party

I can't wait to see the video (or can I? eek laugh out loud )

. . . whenever she emails it I'll put it up.
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 5:49am PST 
That's awesome, Gus! Keep in mind, though, that most beginner routines in competition are longer than a minute (it has to be at least 1:30 in WCFO, for example). I can't wait to see your video as well. smile
[notify]

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 4:28pm PST 
O.k. she finally sent me the video! Here it is--better than I thought it would be, but not as good as I hoped it would be! laugh out loud

We definitely need to practice and polish things up a lot before I would submit this . . . . I'd like to work on some moves to get her trotting more, cause I think she has such a pretty trot, but maybe we just need a bigger space . . . .

and got to get rid of the meatballs in hand, of course, I think she would have been fine without them (which we'd have to anyway for a real competition) and that definitely distracted her from jumping my arm!

Gus Freestyle to Star of the County Down
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 6:41pm PST 
You guys looked really good! I love Gus' helicopter tail during several portions. That's a sure sign of a good time. wink

It's tough to try and design a routine in a smaller area. I might pick up your pace a bit to try and get and keep Gus in a trot. You're right; she looks really nice when she's trotting alongside you. Keep it up! big grin
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3