GO!

Herding in So Cal?

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Molly

Molly olly oxen- free!

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 9:16pm PST 
Hey all! So i'm looking into finally getting Molly introduced to the world of herding. Problem is, I'm not sure where to go. Does anyone here know of any places that would be worth trying? I'm in LA county close to the inland empire and upper orange county.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 9:21pm PST 
I suggest you check with Dot Delisle. She's a great instructor, but you'll have to travel a bit down to San Diego area.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 9:25pm PST 
Second talking to Dot. Onyx and I have been taking lessons from her and she really knows her stuff.
[notify]

Molly

Molly olly oxen- free!

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 9:46pm PST 
I considered that but SD is about an hour and a half from me -_-;;
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 10:03pm PST 
Same here. It is a bit of a pain and I end up going less often than I'd like because of it but she is very good.

There are lots of other places to look into. This site has links to some possibilities. I think quite a few of them are in the SD area though so I don't know how much help that will be.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 9:49am PST 
I don't think you'll find much in LA cause it's.. well.. LA.. dog (we're in LA too...)
[notify]
Molly

Molly olly oxen- free!

Barked: Fri Jan 13, '12 2:46am PST 
@Onyx: Thanks I'll check that link out

@Lilith: Good ol' LA laugh out loud That's why I was looking out in the inland empire since I know those are bigger ag sanctioned areas.
[notify]
Jynx

will work for- frisbees!

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 12:25pm PST 
I think we're from the same area, I see you go to the San Dimas dog park smile
There are a few places that are a little closer to this area than San Diego. Some people don't like them, others love them... I can't remember exactly where they are or what they are called right now but I can get info for you if you'd like smile I think there is one in the Long Beach area (Jynx's foster mom went there) and another on in the LA area. A google search might come up with something for you.
[notify]