GO!

When to switch off puppy food?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 2:34pm PST 
Hi all,

I have a 10 month old wheaten and she seems to be eating less food than she used to. I feed her the minimum amount recommended for her weight (as per the bag), and she no longer is eating all of it. Especially in the AM, she isn't eating much.

Is it possible that it is time to start making the move to adult food?

When did you switch your wheaten over to adult food?
[notify]
Grady

Chase the Cat

Barked: Wed Mar 28, '12 5:17pm PST 
I switched my dog at 6months. The difference for the brand I use was the protein/fat % - barely. He gets supplemented with Wellness Core canned food, bully sticks and liver treats, and the adult bags were bigger. As long as your dog maintains a healthy weight and you feed a high quality food, everything will work out.

I would be more concerned with the quality of the food than puppy/adult labels. My personal opinion is that is a lot of marketing. Not sure about senior food, since my dog is 8 months.
[notify]