GO!

Would a Wheaten work for me?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Nov 23, '11 9:58am PST 
Here's my situation: My husband and I live in a 1 bdrm apartment and a dog (we would probably try to rescue) would be crated the majority of 3 days a week. My husb. works retail, so two days during the week he has off, and I have weekends off. I work nearby, so I could even stop at home on lunch to let the dog out to use the bathroom on the three days that neither of us would be home. I'm very active, I would walk / run with the dog at least once a day if not twice - morning and night. (Ideally.) Is this a plan that *could* work or do I really have to wait until we find a bigger place?

I grew up with big dogs - a bloodhound bullmastiff mix, a lab, and a german shepherd / lab mix all at different times in my childhood, not to mention tons of cats and other farm type animals. My husband grew up with a bichon... so we're familiar with pets and dogs, just trying to figure out if this is even an option for us. I really don't want a mini / toy type of dog. Thanks in advance for your help!
[notify]