GO!

Does any one ever know your dog is a Wheaten?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Annie

I know I'm cute- rub my belly!

Barked: Wed May 18, '11 6:51am PST 
I take Annie every where that I can. Parks, stores that allow dogs, the dog park, outdoor festivities etc. However where ever I take her she gets called a golden doodle (she'd be a tiny one), poodle, schnauzer, mutt, etc. I think the only two people who knew what she was one ran a rescue and one showed dogs. I've even been told I was wrong when I said what she was...
[notify]
~Emma~ RL1

Mixed breed,- Pure heart

Barked: Tue Jun 28, '11 9:37pm PST 
BOL! Oddly enough, my mutt Emma usually gets pegged as a wheaten terrier! oh dear, when I adopted her I just thought- "what a cute black puppy!". It was only later (after her first haircut- hello blonde) at our training class that our trainer brought up that she is probably part wheaten. So yeah we do smile

ETA: she even has a tail and people still guess wheaten. laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Edited by author Tue Jun 28, '11 9:38pm PST

[notify]
Korra (ADOPTED!)

Barked: Fri Jul 22, '11 2:31pm PST 
I just get a lot of "What breed is THAT?!" when I walk my foster because she's shaved right now, ha! But when people do guess, they guess Cockapoo.
[notify]

Sweet Pea

Barked: Tue Aug 2, '11 6:30pm PST 
I have had a few people guess correctly when asking about Sweet Pea. She is only 8 months old and still has some of her puppy color.
[notify]