GO!

Where are all you Wheaties out there???

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Bob Edwards

Barked: Fri Dec 3, '10 1:09pm PST 
HI! we just joined cause I really wanted to pass on a gadget I ran into that actually works lol... I groom Bob myself and like any little kid pull his hair even one time and the fight is on! Anyway I ran into this thing called Matmagic. That badboy works like a charm. No pulling just slices through any mat big or tiny and tada mat free! make note you'ld have to google it to get the site I don't want anyone thinking I get anything for the mention. hamster dance
[notify]

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 3:56am PST 
I agree totally! I would never be without a Wheaten! I am on my second and they are the most fun. Sweet, comical, and so fun to watch.
[notify]
Benny- Bautista

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 6:25pm PST 
Im new to this page i have a 7 month old wheaten that is a big baby!smile smile
[notify]

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 8:08am PST 
Hi my fellow Wheaten owners!!!! I LOVE reading about everyone's Wheatie experience. I was actually an owner of my first Wheaten who lived till 16 years old. She was and will always be the love of my life! Dakota brought such joy into my life each and every day. But I will say to anyone considering a Wheaten that you NEED to read up on them first. They do require a lot of care for their coat, ears (oh boy those ears), allergies (my baby had hot spots... Not fun), cysts, etc. Even with all of that said she was PERFECT! When she passed I didn't know if I would ever be able to get another SCWT but little did I know two years later I am an owner of a hybrid SCWT. Peanut (who is 6 months this month) is considered a Wheatie Poo or Whoodle. She is VERY MUCH a Wheaten at heart. Spunky, mischievous, silly, love able, and never fails to give you that Wheaten Greetin'!!! Some of you might be wondering if I loved my SCWT so much why would I get anything different... To be honest I wasn't looking for anything but a SCWT but I was afraid getting one would feel like I was replaying Dakota. It was by chance we came across Peanut in the pet store. The owner asked me if I ever owned a dog before so I preceded to tell him about Dakota... He smiled and said "then I have the perfect breed for you... A Wheatie Poo" to my surprise I have NEVER heard of one and preceded to respond "A WHAT?!" My boyfriend and I (we live in an Apt) immediately fell in love... And that's how we knew she was meant to be. Peanut is half SCWT and toy poodle. If you remember how your SCWT looked as a puppy with the dark black face and dark brown/ auburn/ apricot color to their body then you can envision exactly what Peanut looks like. She has lightens to a lighter brown but we have been told she will keep her Brian color even in her adult life. Peanut has long floppy poodle ears but has the SCWT ear problems ha. She is expected to only reach 25 lbs (perfect for our apt). What I have noticed with Peanut that I didn't notice with Dakota was how easily she picked up new tricks/obiediemce training. I only mention Peanut to let all of my fellow SCWT owners know that if you want a Wheatie but looking for a smaller dog a Wheatie Poo is out there for you. I will post pictures of her to share. Hope to from more SCWT!
[notify]
Molly

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 5:53pm PST 
Sputnik, I feel for you and can honestly say "been there, done that!" We, my husband and I, got a new soft-coated wheaten terrier puppy just about 3 months ago and it has been one challenging day after another! I'm happy to say that we have settled into a very comfortable routine with our little girl now and she is the sweetest, best choice that we could have made. But, it has been tough training her, devoting most of our waking time to her and adjusting our lifestyle to accommodate her! We were so frustrated the first month or so, questioning the decision we made to adopt this baby and feeling so overwhelmed by the amount of work and effort involved in caring for her that our stress levels were so high it was ridiculous! But, we have stuck it out and stayed consistent with her training, scheduling, i.e. feeding, walking, play time in the yard and kennel training her that life with our puppy has gotten much easier and very enjoyable! We were lucky in the fact that potty training with her was pretty easy. We figured out quickly how often she needed to be let out to do her business and luckily for us we both work from home so we were able to let her outside in the yard often! The first month to 6 weeks or so, she would wake us up around 2 or 3 am every night to go out, but thankfully that has stopped now and she sleeps through the night. I guess to summarize what I am saying, your life will return to normal in time and patience and consistency will surely pay off for you and your puppy in the end! Best of luck to you smile Tracie
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2