GO!

Where are all you Wheaties out there???

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Brutus

Tennis ball,- tennis ball,- tennis ball...

Barked: Sun Aug 1, '10 8:04pm PST 
I feel like I am the only one who checks the Wheaten forum! laugh out loud I never hear from any of you guys out there.. where are all of you??

Lets get the Wheaten pawty started!! happy dance
[notify]
~Emma~ RL1

Mixed breed,- Pure heart

Barked: Thu Aug 12, '10 4:24pm PST 
dancinglaugh out loud I used to be the same way, checked them frequently. We just don't have as many active wheatie owners, bol!!

wink
[notify]
Annie

I know I'm cute- rub my belly!

Barked: Mon Sep 6, '10 7:34pm PST 
Wheatens are not one of those real popular breeds. Mainly cause people don't know them, once you get a wheaten you will never want another dog. They just need the chance and they will steal your heart.
[notify]

Lilly

Barked: Wed Sep 8, '10 1:58pm PST 
Everyone that has met our Wheaten loves her and wants to get one of their own. So this weekend there was one FREE TO A GOOD HOME Wheaten in the paper and two in the pound. I sent this info to all of our Wheaten-wanting friends, but all 3 dogs went really fast. Like in hours. So they are in demand, especially when they're free or low-cost to adopt.

I think many people are most attracted to the non-shedding thing. It certainly is nice to have a non-anklebiter dog (sorry if I am offending anyone) who doesn't shed. A dog you can roughouse with in the yard and guys like me can take on walks and not be embarassed...haha!

I can't speak for all Wheatens, but our is such a friendly dog, and so, so good with our kids (who are very young). Pretty much the perfect family dog....
[notify]
Annie

I know I'm cute- rub my belly!

Barked: Fri Sep 10, '10 9:59pm PST 
I am hooked on the wheaten. I am pretty sure my next dog will be another wheaten.
[notify]
~Emma~ RL1

Mixed breed,- Pure heart

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 2:41pm PST 
I'm not so much hooked on the wheaten as a general terrier person, BOL. I enjoy the attitude, spunkiness, and great personalities. I like to laugh a lot and terriers are some of the funniest dogs around wink.

Emma was a black puppy that I adopted that just kept getting more blonde. I think she has some wheaten and maybe schnauzer(?). But through her I have meet up and joined a wheaten rescue (S'Wheat Rescues), and go to the Wheetin' Meetin in KC in March.

I think I would like to add some more terriers to the family later(probably after Emm passes). I would love an Airedale, another pibble, Kerry, and Welsh terriers. But yes, I think I will always have a wheaten (or mix) around. Love those goofy dogs ♥♥

Edited by author Mon Sep 13, '10 2:45pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 7:29am PST 
Hello all you Wheatie owners....finally i have found an area where i can compair notes and get suggestions. I have a 9 year old female named Casey. She is wonderful a bit oversized for her bread but we love her just the same. We have been suffering over the years with skin alergies. The most recent food we are using is Blue, holistic and organic really has helped her alot!!! Benedryl helps when the change of seasons hit. She just had 8 cysts removed all non cancerous but i am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as well. Our vet not to familiar with this breed. I have also found that when groomed with oatmeal bath helps their skin. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
[notify]

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 7:29am PST 
Hello all you Wheatie owners....finally i have found an area where i can compair notes and get suggestions. I have a 9 year old female named Casey. She is wonderful a bit oversized for her bread but we love her just the same. We have been suffering over the years with skin alergies. The most recent food we are using is Blue, holistic and organic really has helped her alot!!! Benedryl helps when the change of seasons hit. She just had 8 cysts removed all non cancerous but i am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as well. Our vet not to familiar with this breed. I have also found that when groomed with oatmeal bath helps their skin. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
[notify]
Baxter

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 9:14pm PST 
Wheatens are the best. Every time I see one I have to stop and chat with the owner. Haven't heard one wheaten owner not say how much they love their dog. Nothing better than a Wheaten Greetin' after a crappy day of work!
[notify]
Lexington

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 5:46am PST 
i'm so glad to see life in the wheaten section! we're here and addicted to wheatens!!!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2