GO!

Good Apartment Dog?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2  

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 11:09am PST 
You can DEFINITELY get a Wheaten. I had a Wheaten for 16 years and what I found was that she eventually adapted to my living habits. If you read up on them they say they are great apartment dogs bc they don't need much exercise but they do LOVE to run around when they can. I would suggest taking the dog to a dog park or getting a a stake for the ground with a wire cord to hook on to the dog so they can have freedom off a Leash in an open space. But as a puppy they are a lot of work. They aren't the easiest dogs to train so you will need to take time to enforce rules and expectations but expect a fight from your furry friend. Wheatens are a joy and will end up being your best friend. As a owner you need to love your dog and think of them as toddlers. You won't regret getting a wheaten but if after reading everyone's comments you are still concerned my other suggestion is a hybrid Wheaten. I am a recent owner of a Wheatie Poo named Peanut. Peanut is a mix between a wheaten and a toy poodle so she will prob end up being 25 lbs verse the Wheaten's 35-45lbs. She is spunky, smart, stubborn, silly as ever, but still a little difficult to housebreak. Peanut has a Wheaten look to her besides for her ears which are floppy like a poodle. She has a short tail and is an apricot/ brown color which she will end up keeping for life. She has wavy soft hair. Like the Wheatens she does get hair in her ears and btw the pad. I also noticing that she is developing allergies which seems to be very common for the Wheaten. To be honest the only difference I am noticing btw the two breeds is her size and how quickly she is leaning commands and obedience. If you have any further questions I am more than happy to answer.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2