GO!

Shih Tzu moving to Alaska in WINTER!

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Stella

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 12:07pm PST 
Just trying to get some outside advice, maybe things I haven't thought of?? So far, I can't find any kind of indoor dog park or play areas and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how to exercise my shih tzu. We go to the dog park everyday here in UT. She doesn't really "play" but loves to be around other dogs and people. She also "needs" to go out several times a day. In the winter, AK is sometimes -65 degrees! Anyone live in the Fairbanks area with some suggestions on what to do with Stella to socialize/exercise her during the day? Also, suggestions on winter boots and indoor potty areas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 1:14pm PST 
I'm in Saskatchewan, we've gotten into the -50s (c not f) and Jewel's only 8.6lbs. We don't go out for long, she wears muttluks, I grow her out a bit and layer her as it gets colder. T-shirt then coat. I have seen dog snow suits that cover the legs as well. Jewel sleeps a lot in the winter.
[notify]