GO!

Need help determining her breed? Please...

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Baylee

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 4:29pm PST 
Just this past week, my wife and I suffered a loss in our family when our 6 1/2 year old dog ran out in front of a truck and got killed. We have about five acres of land that she loved to run around.She was an extremely smart girl who would listen and never before ran in the road...she just wanted to play with another dog that was across the street. What we are wanting to know is if anyone can help determine her breed. She was given to us in a box when she was just a few weeks old by someone who came home to her sitting in a box on their step. She was like a child to us and now she is gone. She weighed around 8-10 pounds. I have attached a photo of her for anyone who could help identify her breed because we would someday loved to find another.

Her picture is on her profile...Please help...

Possibly a Toy Fox Terrier, Chihuahua or mixed?

Edited by author Sat Jun 29, '13 4:58pm PST

[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 4:43pm PST 
Sorry for your loss. frown

Chihuahua/Miniature Pinscher mix? thinking
[notify]
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 5:44pm PST 
She looks minpin Chihuahua mix to me too! I know where I live there are several in the shelter. Go on www.petfinder.com and type in miniature pincher and the mixes will come up as well. I am so sorry about your dog. There was a dog that looked exactly like that who was adopted last week at the shelter here so I think u will be able to find what u are looking for at the shelter.
[notify]

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 6:09pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss frown

I looked at her pics and she reminds me a lot of my dog, who is a dachshund chihuahua mix. She had the arched back, same face, same ears.
Did she like to tunnel in the covers, sit/stand up on her hand legs ? chiweenies are masters at tunneling.
[notify]
Hershey Bear

Silly old bear

Barked: Sun Jun 30, '13 6:39pm PST 
my condolences. she looked like a sweet girl. hug

she certainly looks like she was a chihuahua/dachshund ("chiweenie")> there are many in shelters, to echo the post above
[notify]
Baylee

Barked: Sun Jun 30, '13 7:00pm PST 
Thank you all for your responses. One thing common in all of them is that she must have Chihuahua in the mix. She did love to stand on her back legs and get way down under the blankets on the couch or the bed. Also, when she was in the yard and very excited, she run real fast and sometimes almost look like a deer the way she would start hopping about...fastest dog I've ever seen.
[notify]
Baylee

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 8:11am PST 
Most everyone is agreeing on the fact that she was either a Minpin/Chihuahua or a Chiweenie mix. I have looked up pictures of both of these and they both look very similar. Once again, thank all of you for your responses...
[notify]
Snickers

Momma is the- center of the- universe...

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 4:56pm PST 
I'm so sorry! My first dog died after being hit by a car. I can imagine how hard you are taking it.

hug

She looks more like Rat Terrier and Chihuahua to me.
[notify]
Blair

Barked: Thu Aug 8, '13 1:53pm PST 
I am so, so sorry for your loss.cry

Looking at the pictures, I would say perhaps a Chipin? (Chihuahua/Miniature Pinscher)
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 1:39pm PST 
I am almost 100% sure she has Chihuahua. She is long like Hazel is too and Hazel is a 1/3 dachshund, so she may be part that as well.

My guess would be a (Chiweenie) Chihuahua/Dachshund mix.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2