GO!

Coat question about a Caviler King Charles Spaniel

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Scooter

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 12:08pm PST 
I did alot of research before bringing my Caviler home, but never thought to look up how long it takes for the coat to grow out. My pup is eight months old, and looks quite funny. He is lanky as be begins to fill out, with various sections of fur longer than others. I was wondering how long it normally takes for a cavilers coat to grow out? I looked it up online and read anywhere from 1.5 to 3 years.
[notify]
Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 9:04am PST 
Generally it does take around 1-3 years for the full coat to come in. I have 2 Cavs now. My Ruby, Laverne, has a thick coat. My Black & Tan, Hazel, has a very nice coat but it is a little thinner than Laverne's, especially her "furnishings"....leg feathers and foot slippers and ears. My Blenheim, Stella (who went to the Bridge in January), had the thickest coat I've ever seen on a Cav. The groomer always remarked on it!
[notify]