GO!

Anyone else have a Cavachon?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 9:16pm PST 
Hi Austin Bella. You have a very beautiful dog. Ignore the negativity. I have a "designer mutt" too. It doesn't matter to me what anyone says. I've tried adopting dogs before but it wasn't for me and it isn't for everybody. Enjoy your baby! welcome
[notify]

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 12:28pm PST 
I've had so-called pedigrees, who I loved very much, but came with various problems relating to the breed. The words of my vet were that these problems come from mixed breeding to get the breeds I had. There is nothing new under the sun! I now have a cross chihuahua-petit brabancon, bred to look the way he looks. There are barely any others like him. I think there's a lot of dog snobbery on here and not sure I want to be associated with this site.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 2:31pm PST 
Austin Belle, I am always happy to see any pup in a loving responsible home. The only thing that irks me is irresponsible breeding. I have owned (more then)my fair share of dogs, some of known breeding, many not and a few pretty interesting crosses at that. There is no one on this site IMHO who wouldn't wish you all the best.

Guest, I'm not sure if you are just looking to stir the pot or not but I am fairly certain there couldn't be LESS snobbery here. ALL dogs are wonderful. I guess it doesn't concern you that countless dogs are born everyday into shelters or worse and a huge number of these designer dog breeders are nothing better then puppy mills. Given that I volunteer my time to go nose to nose with these mill owners and taking into account that I have held too many dying dogs in my arms, you will forgive me if the prospect of more unwanted dogs hits a nerve. Perhaps you should check the profiles of those you are so quick to judge before you stoop to unfounded insults.
[notify]

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 3:44pm PST 
Hi Austin! I haven't met a Cavachon mix before, but you sure are adorable and sound like a bundle of fun!blue dog

Guest, Sabi is right. Methinks you are kinda jumping the gun calling all of us who post here snobs, esp when you just read a couple posts on one thread (and, imho, kinda mistook what they meant as well). Yeah, people here can have strong opinions on things, but from what I've seen, there is always a reason for it (as in, personal exp like Sabi mentioned). It's simply a warning to others who may stumble on this site to not get duped by someone breeding dogs with less than honorable intentions...everyone here loves dogs no matter where they came from, whether they are mixed or pure, and they hate to think of them suffering in a puppy mill.hug
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 7:12am PST 
What a cutie!

My next door neighbour has just bought an eight week old Cavachon an he's super adorable! Her's is from an oops litter but I don't think a cuter mistake has ever been made puppy

I hope the hostility towards your thread hasn't put you off this wonderful site... Although most people can come across very harsh, it is just because we are all so passionate about dogs... Mixed or pure bred, rescued or breeder bought, large or small, short-haired or long-haired, four legs or three puppy

Welcome to Dogster and I really hope you stick around x
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 9:50am PST 
Topic? Cute little dog! O/T - since the change there have been SO many "guests" on here that have exotic breeds or mixes, never post pictures and plainly show up only to carp about other posters.

Go 'way, why don't you?

OP? Welcome from us...a household of several mixed breeds...all full of love.
[notify]
Austin Belle

The Drama Queen

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 3:51pm PST 
Trust me I totally understand that Austin is not a real breed.....I understand that she is a mutt. Rommell our GSD was a full pedigree with champion bloodlines six generations back. She came with NO faked papers! I get that people are passionate in their thoughts about mutts. I was simply asking if anyone else had come across this particular mutt mix! I was interested in other people's experiences with them.

Rommell was the BEST dog ever and we went with a mutt instead of another GSD as we were so heartbroken at his sudden death we felt we would be unfair to another GSD. We acted in our and the new dogs best interests!

Austin we consider a rescue as she was being kept in horrendous conditions and we have since reported her seller won't even Call her breeder to the ASPCA!! It cost us almost $1000.00 to get Austin back to good health with ten vet trips in her first two weeks home! She's just been spayed so nobody has to worry about her having puppies.

My husbands only request when we looked for a new puppy was smallish, low to no shed and totally different from Rommell. Austin is just that AND she gives us so much love, makes us laugh and has helped us get over losing Rommell!

One more point.....most true breeds also started out as mutts.....so who knows (and I really don't care) perhaps one day Cavachon will be a new breed. Either way, Austin has brought much joy and laughter into our home.
[notify]
Austin Belle

The Drama Queen

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 4:16pm PST 
Austin and Rommell appreciate the welcomes for Austin. little angel
[notify]
Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 9:03pm PST 
Austin is lovely, and lucky to have found you!
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 1:57pm PST 
lol, it would be nice to have a low-shedding dog! Anyhoo, I'm glad you weren't offended, it's nice to meet new people and their dogs. dog walk

Edited by author Tue Feb 19, '13 1:58pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2