GO!

Easy ways to keep a housebound Chihuahua busy?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 2:33pm PST 
I think Princesse is getting a bit of cabin fever. She barks at the drop of hat and I am sure it's because she is feeling cooped up. She does not go outside all winter due to the cold. She is litter box trained so she doesn't even go outside to do her business. She and Bunny don't really play much together so that isn't enough stimulation. We play living room fetch, but she seems to get bored with that pretty fast. Hubby is the one home with her all day and I need easy ideas to keep her occupied thinking
[notify]
Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 4:20pm PST 
1. treats in an empty water bottle (crunchy and kicked around)
2. Find it! (find treats tossed around the floor)
3. Chicken ball, bits of cooked chicken in a plastic ball with the holes in it. they roll it around and get the chicken out.
4. Muffin tin with balls in it, underneath the balls are treats.
5. frozen kongs
6. chew toys like a bullystick or ears
7. learning tricks
8. a flirt pole/kitty toy (stick, string and a toy at the end of the string)
9. learn a new sport like treiball.
10. play date with a friend or two.
11. scent work
12. play ball (fetch) on the stairs
[notify]
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 4:42pm PST 
Thank you very much, Obi! She isn't too food motivated and Bunny would steal treats anyway, but I see there are some non food ideas on your list as wellway to go
[notify]

Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

I eat, therefore- I am.....

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 11:00pm PST 
When Penny was recuperating after double knee surgery, I got her an awesome assortment of chews. Tendons, bully sticks, pigs ears...she loves to chew and it's good for her dental health. Some dogs love puzzle toys. Penny has a furry squirrel house with 3 squeaker squirrels that fit into it and she loves to fish them out of the house. I switch it up and put other squeaker toys into the house for her to get out and 'kill'. She's got a monkey that squeals when it lands after it's been thrown she loves to throw for herself to chase and 'kill'. Oh, and the ever fav bag of practice golf balls. I pick up 2 or 3 at a time and throw them in the house and they bounce all over and don't hurt a thing. They're about a buck a bag of 9 or so balls and dogs LOVE to chase them as they bounce great! Also, they're so light and easy to fit a little Chi's mouth. Just watch that they don't get too chewed up. I take them away and replace the ball after Penny starts chewing instead of chasing. dancing
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 7:41am PST 
Obi's #8!! FLIRT POLE!! OMG!! That's like the one toy Jewel goes insane for. I can't even pull it all the way out before she's attacking it.
[notify]
Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 9:10am PST 
Oh another one i forgot is the shell game (which cup has the ball or treat)
A different variation is which hand is it in.blue dog
[notify]
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 4:16am PST 
I really like the flirt pole idea because then hubby can sit in his chair and play with herlaugh out loud
[notify]