GO!

What Breeds is Yankee?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Yankee - ADOPTION PENDING

I am sweet and- cheerful! ADOPT- ME!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 2:36am PST 
Ugh, I just asked this over in Yahoo Answers, and got lots of arrogant, rude responses. Hoping this is a better place to ask, where there are friendly knowledgeable dog experienced people! :|

Yankee is an adoptable dog from the rescue I volunteer with, Four Paws. I need to add him onto petfinder.com, but we are having a hard time deciding what he is, other than a really cute dog!

Yankee weighs probably 9-10 lbs. He is full grown at 2 years old. He has soft white semi-curly fur, floppy ears, a little tail that is held over his back. He has a cheerful, sweet disposition. He's a good little dog!

We were thinking maybe Bichon Frise/Poodle, Maltese/Poodle OR Maltese/Bichon Frise mix.

Please let me know what breeds you think Yankee is.

Thank You!!

Edited by author Tue Aug 28, '12 2:37am PST

[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 5:29am PST 
I don't know why people would be rude. I think your right. He looks like a Bichon Frise/poodle mix. He's very cute! Good Luck in placing him. smile
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 8:32am PST 
Soft like cotton or soft like silky? Cotton would make me think bichon, silky would make me think maltese.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 9:33am PST 
His fur type is silky.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 9:55am PST 
I would post him as a maltese mix then. way to go
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 1:13pm PST 
He looks like most other maltese/poodle mixes I've seen. smile
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 1:49am PST 
I agree with Maltese/Poodle mix puppy

He is super cute!!!
Good luck with finding him a home puppy
[notify]
Angel Lexi- ...Gone But- Never

Angel Kisses And- Butterfly- Whispers

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 9:30am PST 
There is no reason for anyone to be rude. I would say just post him as a mixed breed if you don't know for sure because when people get a dog and think it is a certain breed it makes training more difficult as all breeds are so different. Some are known as harder to housebreak, some like to dig some are a barking breed etc. Hoping he finds a loving forever home and God Bless you for taking care of him until he finds his permanent homehug
[notify]
Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 11:23am PST 
maltese/poodle sounds pretty spot-on

And just for a heads up, yahoo answers is generally not the greatest place to receive answers for anything. There's a lot of trolls and kiddies on there. I like to go on different forums that revolve around whatever the topic is I'm posting about to ask. wink

Edited by author Wed Aug 29, '12 11:24am PST

[notify]

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 12:44pm PST 
Thank You for all the nice, helpful responses! hug I think we'll call him a Maltese/Poodle Mix.

Yankee has only one flaw that makes potential adopters look past him - He needs a secure fenced in backyard, as he can slip under or through any little openings in the yard, he is so small. But he really is a sweetie pie. I hope he gets adopted soon!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2