GO!

The dog won't shut up

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4  
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 6:34pm PST 
I am sorry you haven't been feeling wellhug but glad you came back to update us. Taking a break from her might be a really good idea. I am also glad you have decided to work with a behaviorist. I wish you the best of luck and hope you will keep us postedhug
[notify]
Keeva

My name is- Gaelic for- "Gentle"

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 8:26pm PST 
I am so sorry that you are not feeling well and I am sorry also that this whole dog barking is driving you up a wall. I can sympathize because frankly there is nothing more annoying to me than a yappy high-pitched barky dog. And that is coming from me...someone who has a small dog (fortunately she doesn't yap and hardly barks...at least not a lot). I have no advice but will watch this post with interest to see what the behaviorist says to do. I offer you a big hug and encouragement. I could never allow my dog to come between my spouse and myself. Good luck with everything and I mean that sincerely.big hug
[notify]
Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 2:43pm PST 
We had the same issues with Emma when we got her merly 2 weeks ago....she would bark whenever I left the room....(have you considered it might be a case of seperation anxiety since you got your dog from a shelter? if this is the case what i suggest is doing what i did you placr them in a crate for five mintute then come back and say see im back then do it over and over again (off and on) but it takes tome because they have to get the idea that you will return (this solves the seperation issues) eventually for the barking issues you need to do all of the thing (find out if its do they need to pee, do they need anything (water/food etc) (like a baby crys a dog will bark for what he or she needs its their ONLY WAY TO COMMUNICATE THEIR NEEDS) I started by yelling at emma (not so good) but she stoped barking then i would go into the room and eventually she has just gotten use to me saying (shhhh quit) and now she dosent bark unless she needs somthing) just some thoughts (yelling isnt good) but teaching them to shhhhh is better then loosing your mind!!
[notify]

Tuna

"Small fish with- tons of fight"

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 9:19pm PST 
I totally get it, and appreciate your candor about sometimes wanting to just get so angry at the dog. As another commented Your breed is typically a barker, but that doesn't mean you have to live with it, I also live in close quarters and know my neighbors were not happy when Tuna was barking like she was. Something my trainer recommended was crating her when she started, just to let her know she was 'off guard duty' and letting her out a little while after she settles down. We also found the thunder shirt to be really effective! We used it for a couple weeks and now don't even have to use it anymore. Best of luck to you hug
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4