GO!

What kind of chews/bones do you give your small dog?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

I eat, therefore- I am.....

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '12 11:32pm PST 
Penny gets Bully sticks (I cut the long ones in half) but mostly pigs ears. Pigs ears are great chewies and don't swell in the stomach or intestines like rawhide. I started Penny on pigs ears cause her vet sells them in his office and tried her on one and she LOVES it!! I also buy them online and at Petco. She's got 3, all different sizes all around her right now. At her vets office he charges 1.40$ each and they last for weeks! At Petco I pay more like 3 bucks each. They last so long, I don't mind. Plus, they scrape tartar off her teeth wonderfully! I also brush her teeth daily, too. She loves the spiral tendons, also. I get those from Petco and Petsmart. They run about 5$ each, but she adores them. They last about 2 weeks for her. They relieve doggy boredom, too!

Edited by author Mon Aug 6, '12 11:33pm PST

[notify]
Radley

Im a lean, mean,- cuddling machine

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '12 8:44am PST 
My little ones love deer antlers. But they also get the non edible nylabones(the hardest ones) and love those too.
[notify]
Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '12 11:09am PST 
Any of those thick, knotted rope toys. smile It gets destroyed in a couple weeks, but it's her favorite toy ever while it lasts.
[notify]

Radley

Im a lean, mean,- cuddling machine

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 7:51am PST 
I avoid rope toys at all costs, mineeat the rope and it can cause obstructions in the gut and the rope can get twisted around the intestines. Not worth the risk to me.
[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 4:37pm PST 
About the only thing my little one gets, are Greenies. She likes them and I do not have to worry about any problems with the bones.
[notify]
Miso

like the gravy!

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 1:12pm PST 
Mine gets a greenie every day when I leave for work.

Has anyone tried beef tripe before? I saw some at our pet store yesterday and it felt nice and hard and was reasonably priced, but I was not sure about what kind of smell it would have.

I did get some dehydrated bison heart for treats which, as a vegetarian, I am pretty excited about.
[notify]
London

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 1:13pm PST 
Our puppy has tried bully sticks, nylabones, antlers and pigs ears.
As far as I can tell the nylabones and antlers are mostly ignored. The bully stick gets some attention but the favorite by far is the pig ears.
Craig
[notify]
Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 2:36pm PST 
Not sure if you aware but Petsmart does a brand especially for small breed...we give emma a chew bone for toy breeds she also gets liver treats for trainng and loves to play with this tye toy i made with some soft fabric she also shares a ball with my sheltie to fetch (its a tennis ball) like i said check out petsmart!! I would reccomend Kong for toy/puppies you can stuff them (and find some pretty cool recipes online!!!)
[notify]

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 2:40am PST 
I saw my uncle's dog, he has a sensitive stomach. Although he loves to chew rawhide bones, he throws them back up hours later. He throws up ALL bones
[notify]
Cocoa Loco

Fastest tongue- in the west

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 3:42am PST 
My favorite is a raw chicken leg. MMmmm meat and bone. I reduce it to a few splinters in about 15 minutes.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3