GO!

Collars & Leashes! What do you use?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 10:02am PST 
Flat buckle collar, and a 2ft leash with a coupler attached to walk 2 dogs.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 6:24am PST 
We used to use a gentle leader but now we just use a 6 foot leather leash with a flat collar to walk Noah. If we're going someplace particularly exciting or brand new, we'll put the gentle leader back on.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 7:20pm PST 
I always get my Peggy to wear her collar. I don't think putting her on a leash will help when she's at home, though. But when I take her out on a walk, I put her on the leash of course. We don't want our dogs running around the neighborhood unattended, do we? dog walk
[notify]

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:22am PST 
I am kind of a leash tag and collar addict..so the answer is eveytime the mood strikes and I have money lol
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 12:18am PST 
Foxxy uses a snoot loop head lead and a bright safety orange puppia style harness. Actually, we have had tons of harnesses for her and tag because none of them fit quite right, but we don't have sidewalks when we go walking, so the harness is big enough that they can be seen. The orange harness used to be Tag's but the fabric part never fit quite right. It doesn't fit on foxxy too well either, but her old blue y-front was wearing thin. The y-front was a cat harness. She had a step-in harness at first, but she chewed right through that. I used to keep a collar on her, but with the face lead, that's too much stuff around her neck, and she has four tags to wear. Besides, I've had to pull her up emergency style before, and she wears two 4' leashes. One on her harness and one on her leader. that way if another dog comes at us i can snap her up into my arms quickly without hurting her.
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 12:21am PST 
Tag uses a tan new earth soy collar. I've tried harnesses on him, and nothing fits right. It either flops around or cuts under the armpits, bt he doesn't pull on lead, and he doesn't want to charge at other dogs, so he is pretty safe with the collar, and i can take it off at night because if I don't he wears his hair off underneath.

he also has a 4' leash. Dollar store for that. Taggert hates retractable leashes. He doesn't like the pressure of the reel on his collar when it spools out, so he sticks close to me with one on and wont venture out past it being fully reeled in. Plus he doesn't like the sound of it spooling in, and dreads the moment it gets dropped. The whole contraption really just unnerves him.

Edited by author Sat Dec 8, '12 12:24am PST

[notify]
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 7:10pm PST 
We use leather collars and a 6' leather lead. If going to the vet we use a 2' leather lead to keep them close. Training them to heel will make a huge difference when you walk them...No harness will be needed. Good Luck and enjoy your puppybig grin
[notify]
Bellatrix

Crazy Ball'O Fur

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 8:44pm PST 
I use a Easy Walk on Bella, and a normal cheapo 6 ft leash. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Easy Walk! Simply amazing, it helped me to teach Bella such a great heel, and since she's in training to become a service dog, she needs a really good heel.

It's also really easy to make into a martingale collar. (Though it's not marketed to do that) I just tighten all the straps, and clip it around her neck. Though of course I never use it to walk her, I just leave it on at home so that she always has her tags on!

Edited by author Mon Dec 10, '12 8:48pm PST

[notify]
Zoe

The- Schnauzinator

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 9:26am PST 
I just use a collar and flexi leash. It's my favorite type of leash, 'cause it's the closest thing to off leash walking since it lets 'em have more freedom to move and do doggie things without getting all tangled up in it. I'm not a huge fan of harnesses unless you have a pug or bull dog. I just think they seem less comfortable and more restrictive than a collar, but maybe that's just me shrug
[notify]
Kobi

Bitches love me- :)

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 2:51pm PST 
Kobi wears his collar all the time (except for bath time obviously) which is baby blue leather with a metal buckle and shiny blue ID tag. For walks he has a blue harness with a 13 ft retractable lead (he's a puller) but if we're having BBQ's/picnics in the park we use a 3 ft lead tied to the benches as this little one hasn't learned that he can't always just run away and explore whenever he feels like it. He also likes running up to random strangers to play. dog walkshrug
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4